 Administrative / Database / 574
Re: Itty-bitty LEGO set looker-upper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 15:45:01 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.database, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
- Do you know how to make the window stay on top under MS Windows?
  This would be most useful so that whenever I want the window is there.

I don't know of any way, no, but in a former life I used to do lots of Win32
GUI programming, so I'm going to bet that it's possible that there's a tool
out there somewhere (something akin to WinSpy++) that would let a user choose
a window and mark it the the always-on-top property.  All it would have to do
is forge a message from the window to the system to set the bit (probably
easier in older versions of Win32 than the newer versions), or perhaps NN or
MSIE even has some kind of hook for this.  But I don't know of any directly.

I know it's doable in NS because I've seen it done to me by certain
obnoxious sites that I had the misfortune to visit. I don't know how,
though.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!