 Administrative / Database / 589
Re: Itty-bitty LEGO set looker-upper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:04:12 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Frank Filz writes:
Neat. Though I doubt I'll use it that much (my screen is large enough to
have a more full sized browser window open, and I like the larger pictures).
[...]

I run a big screen too (1600x1200) but I usually have so many windows open
doing all different things that screen real estate is still usually pretty
tight, and most of the time an itty bitty picture or a half- or quarter-
size picture is all I need to jog my memory about some set...  But I know
what you mean about preferring larger, because it shows more detail and
doesn't look as blurry as the thumbnails.

On that note, I just put in an image-sharpening filter and also told it to
create optimized progressive JPEGs, so now the QuickSet images load even
faster and look much, much clearer than before.

How does a range search (for example "45xx" or "62xx") or a single-set search
(for example "4554" or "6232") look now? . . . Better? . . . Worse?

--Todd