 Administrative / Database / 595
Re: Itty-bitty LEGO set looker-upper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:26:39 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Steve Bliss writes:
QuickSet seems like a nifty thing.  I have one big problem with it,
unfortunately.  This is with IE5.  Once launched, the QuickSet window becomes
the target window for any URL that gets launched from a non-browser
application.  [...]

Wow, that's a very strange browser bug.  (How did you launch it, BTW?  With
one of the 4 main launchers, or one of the 4 alternative links for non-
JavaScript browsers?)

One smaller navigation thing, having to do with looking up a range of sets.
I enter my query in the QuickSet window.  A new window is displayed, with
thumbnails of all the matching sets.  If I click one of the thumbnails, an
enlarged version of that thumbnail is displayed in the same window,
replacing the list of sets.  I can't get back to the list, because I don't
have any navigation aids.  So if I want to examine another match, I have to
requery.  [...]

Hmm, MSIE5 doesn't have the right-click "Back" option?  (I always thought it
did.)  If that doesn't work, and you actually are able to launch it in MSIE
with one of the 4 main JS launchers, what happens when you click the check-
boxes before launching it?  (In particular, the Navigation checkbox.)

--Todd