  *564453 (-100)
  [FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group] Les nouveautés lundi 22 septembre 2008

Bonjour Voici la lettre d'information du site "FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group" ((URL) lettre recense les articles et les brèves publiés depuis 1 jour. Nouveaux articles ---...--- ** CR de la réunion du CA du 8 septembre 2008 ** par (...) (16 years ago, 23-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.fr.freelug)

  LEGO Batman the Video Game Launch Event in New York City

Hi all! For those of you in the New York area, I thought I might want to pass this along. There is a (URL) Batman the Video Game Launch Event> being held at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City tomorrow between 4-8pm and the (...) (16 years ago, 23-Sep-08, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: Dirty Brickster at BrickCon 2008

(...) To the best of my knowledge, the LEGO Store visit will be at 10pm Friday (the mall closes at 9:30). Of course, what is likely to be the most interesting speaker at BrickCon will speak at 8 or 8:30 Friday evening. . . (16 years ago, 23-Sep-08, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  skull's eye schooner

hello, i'm sorry if i'm posting this message not in the right place. my name is nicolas d'angelo, i am a lego fan, an artist and architect from buenos aires, argentina. although i'm now back here, i lived in boston, usa, for almost eight years until (...) (16 years ago, 23-Sep-08, to lugnet.pirates)

  skull's eye schooner

hello, i'm sorry if i'm posting this message not in the right place. my name is nicolas d'angelo, i am a lego fan, an artist and architect from buenos aires, argentina. although i'm now back here, i lived in boston, usa, for almost eight years until (...) (16 years ago, 23-Sep-08, to lugnet.pirates)

  SLTC to display at AMRA Sydney Model Railway Exhibition

Hello everybody The upcoming long weekend on October 4th,5th and 6th the Sydney Lego Train Club will be displaying the latest club effort at the Australian Model Railway Association Annual Train Show at the Hurstville Aquatic Leisure Centre corner (...) (16 years ago, 23-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Yankee Stadium - really darn big

(...) Awesome as usual. Now if you could get a real table out of the locker room or somewhere from the stadium itself to display it on--that would be really kewl, also. Tommy Armstrong (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  1500 page LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide CD now shipping!

Good News! LEGO CD's are going out starting today!! The CD is PC and MAC compatible, and chapters can be printed in either USA or European paper formats. Well sorry for the many delays, but the delays meant that the 47 chapters promised Unofficial (...) (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Yankee Stadium - really darn big

All: For almost three years, I've been working on a sculpture of Yankee Stadium together with a Manhattan grade-schooler. It's only a few months away from being complete. I don't normally post photos of my LEGO creations before they're finished, but (...) (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Anyone working on 60478 ?

(...) I wouldn't rely on Google - if you know the part number it is far easier to use the "lookup" box on almost every page of the Parts Tracker (URL). There has not been voting on parts submissions for many years now - there is a review and (...) (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Font built with LEGO bricks

I was a huge LEGO fan till my early teens, and I still have fond memories of playing with it. That's why I wanted to share with you some font sets I created inspired to the shape of LEGO bricks. (URL) The sets were created by using a free Web (...) (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Electric Wire  [DAT]

Hi all, Using LSynth I am trying to create this wire: 0 Wire 0 Name: wire.ldr 0 Author: Jaco van der Molen 0 Unofficial Model 0 SYNTH BEGIN ELECTRIC_CABLE 0 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom" 0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0 1 0 60 -88 40 -1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1 (...) (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) Hi Willy, I don't want to make my approach too simplistic, but if you try using my program, it automatically creates a file called Parts00.lst in lDraw folder. If anyone can translate it in any language and we choose a SIMPLE naming Convention (...) (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Anyone working on 60478 ?

(...) That didn't turn up in my Google search. I downloaded his file and am using it instead of mine. What happens if two people develop the same part? Are both eligible for voting? (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LEGO bygge till filmpremiär:Bära eller brista-extrem ingenjörskonst i 4D-format

(...) (URL) (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.se, FTX)

  Re: LEGO bygge till filmpremiär:Bära eller brista-extrem ingenjörskonst i 4D-format

(...) Kommer kommer =) /Mats T Borlänge (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.se, FTX)

  Re: Anyone working on 60478 ?

(...) An unofficial version was posted to the Parts Tracker on Saturday by Michael Heidemann (URL) Chris (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My Train Yard...

(...) Very impressive, Mark. I don't have the patience or the bricks to multiply my freight cars that many time. (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Anyone working on 60478 ?  [DAT]

(...) I edited the 48336 in the unofficial parts library (by Guy Vivan [guyvivan]) and turned it into 60478. I've never submitted a part to the library before, so I don't know the procedure, but here it is anyway... I am happy to relinquish all (...) (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Anyone working on 60478 ?

I can't find this part in any parts library, unofficial or otherwise: (URL) anyone worked on it? It seems to me that it would be similar enough to 48336, which does exist in the unofficial parts library, that it wouldn't be too hard, no? (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New parts available on PAB online and Factory Palete

"Karl Paulsen" <karlepaulsen> wrote in message news:K7G6y3.FMK@lugnet.com... (...) LEGO Factory website teams at TLG. Why does the part described as 'MOTOR 2X2X1 1/3' appear as an orderable LEGO Factory element in LDD, but does not appear in the (...) (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: September 27th SMART meeting at Redmond Library

(...) Sorry for not replying sooner, I was hoping to have some code to share sooner, but it's still not ready. When it is, it will deal with detecting intersections and line tracking. In any case, if you can just make sure that your robot is capable (...) (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Toys R Us Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale on LEGO

Toys R Us is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on “all” LEGO sets this week. I was told about the sale on Saturday and was told that there were no exclusions. I just checked the ad on-line and the on-line ad indicate the sale excludes Indiana Jones, (...) (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Dark Side of the Moonbase

It has occured to me that between the Moonbase project, the Life on Mars and currently Mars Mission that The LEGO Group would have taken the hint and re-released the Crater baseplates from the old Space theme. -- Don (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Liquidating my 400 pound LEGO collection

Thanks for all of the bids and views on last weeks auctions, good stuff! I just put up 14 lots of all kinds of bulk pieces: (URL) of 12 Platforms including 8 platforms and 4 ramps> (URL) Skeleton minifigs> (URL) various Sharks, Squid, and Manta (...) (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.auction, FTX)

  Dark Side of the Moonbase

Before you look at this MOC, I suggest putting on a little music. I suggest something debaucherous. Perhaps 'Girls, Girls, Girls', 'Wild Side', or 'Dr. Feelgood' by Motley Crue? I'll wait while you put that on... Still waiting... Ok, back now? Good! (...) (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: My Train Yard...

(...) That my friend...is a lot of rolling stock. Very cool and thanks for sharing. -Dave ToT-LUG (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Legoträff i höst 31 Okt - 2 Nov

Skrev om detta på bloggen ((URL) och fick följande kommentar från en Pierre Pocs ((URL) häftigt! Sökte på Eskilstuna och hittade hit. Det skulle vara jättekul att få komma och fota om den möjligheten finns. " Jag svarade att han skulle kontakta dig (...) (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.se)

  [FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group] Les nouveautés samedi 20 septembre 2008

Bonjour Voici la lettre d'information du site "FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group" ((URL) lettre recense les articles et les brèves publiés depuis 1 jour. Nouveaux articles ---...--- ** Construisons une Snotmobile 4/5 ** par Alban NANTY (...) (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.fr.freelug)

  My Train Yard...

(URL) (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dirty Brickster at BrickCon 2008

Will the Friday night LEGO store visit be "after hours" again? I ask because one of our guys is coming in on Clipper from Victoria on Friday evening. (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

In lugnet.cad, Sergio Reano wrote: Hi Sergio, (...) This has been on the LSCs laundry list for a very long time: (URL) they even have a draft written by Jacob: (URL) if I remember correctly all the 1.0.0 and header stuff got into the way. w. (16 years ago, 20-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 50th anniversary of the Smurfs

(...) Nice work Maarten. Did you contact the relatives of the creator (Peyo) abouth this virtual model, Could be interesting to know what they think abouth this model. You never know they ask you to make such a statue for one or another musea? (...) (16 years ago, 20-Sep-08, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 4

(...) Wow! Nice feature. Haven't tested it yet but this is definitely going to be very useful. I also updated my betatest page. w. (16 years ago, 20-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New parts available on PAB online and Factory Palete

"Jordan Schwarz" <jbschwarz@ThisIsRea...gmail.com> wrote in message news:K7GAEx.4E8@lugnet.com... (...) They must be a bit slow to change the brick palette, or there is some error. I tried to find this brick in the LEGO Factory palette, but it does (...) (16 years ago, 20-Sep-08, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  NCLUG Meeting

NCLUG will have their monthly meeting this coming Sunday, September 21st at the Cameron Village Library in Raleigh. Need more information? Check out NCLUG's web site at: (URL) Mike Walsh -- mike underscore walsh at mindspring dot com LEGO Blog: (...) (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Legoträff i höst 31 Okt - 2 Nov

Nu är datumet spikat! Nu kör vi! Tidpunkt Helgen 31 oktober - 2 november, fredag kväll - söndag lunch eller så, med huvudaktiviteterna under lördagen. Lokal Jag står för lokal här i Eskilstuna - matsalen + köket på mitt jobb. Borde räcka till för (...) (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Legotrff i hst (2008)

(...) OK! Då är det spikat! Helgen 31 Oktober - 2 November är Legoträff i Eskilstuna! Ändan ur vagnen och anmäl er :-) (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.se)

  RE: Best stuff to buy for FLL

Check this out.. Hope it helps... www.stormingrobots.c...d/qna.html -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of John Brost Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 2:46 PM To: (...) (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 4

(...) Looks like it is _something_ on my W2k machine. I tried an another computer with XP and it works fine (...) ...or maybe it is something wrong in the registry: on the XP machine I get a nice grid toolbar that I don't see on the W2k one! (though (...) (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Legotrff i hst (2008)

(...) Jo, den helgen funkar för mig också! Jag lastar alltså in det jag har av begagnat i släpet. Ska vi bygga månbas? Min gamla modul står nog kvar i sin flyttkartong misstänker jag :-) Jag har som jag tidigare sagt en hel del begagnat efter Stefan (...) (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.se)

  [FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group] Les nouveautés jeudi 18 septembre 2008

Bonjour Voici la lettre d'information du site "FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group" ((URL) lettre recense les articles et les brèves publiés depuis 1 jour. Nouveaux articles ---...--- ** Résumé du week-end dans le Gard des 6 et 7 (...) (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.fr.freelug)

  Sample Chapter of LEGO NXT Mechatronics Book Available

Hi All, I've just updated a sample chapter of the LEGO NXT Mechatronics:Intelligent Machine Concepts book I'm writing to my blog. <http:www.family-sci...Blog.htm>. My goal is have the manuscript completed by the end of the year. Enjoy!!! Don W. (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Legotrff i hst (2008)

(...) Nu börjar det likna något! Det lutar åt okt-nov skiftet. Nu hänger det egentligen bara på Olof, eftersom det var han som sa att han kunde ta med Legobitar... (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: New parts available on PAB online and Factory Palete

(...) used as a wheel-well on all sorts of LEGO vehicles that also makes a great piece for window decorations. That will be a nice asset to have. -Jordan Schwarz (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  50th anniversary of the Smurfs

Hi all, LEGO is not the only one who celebrates a 50th anniversary. (URL) (click pic) Larger images in my (URL), once moderated. Hope you like it. Play well, Maarten (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Draft at BrickCon 2008

(...) Yes, indeed. The set for the BrickCon 2008 draft is set 7626, Jungle Cutter (2 URLs) draft is scheduled for 1:30pm Sunday. Short version: no double or split drafting, no more than 21 people in any draft group. Long version: The draft is a (...) (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  New parts available on PAB online and Factory Palete

Hi folks, I just thought you all might like to know that it appears that the Factory palete has been updated to include elements in "Custom Car Garage" and the PAB selection has been updated accordingly. Perhaps most notably the minifig parts (...) (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO bygge till filmpremiär:Bära eller brista-extrem ingenjörskonst i 4D-format

På grund av att LEGO inte hann plocka ihop alla bitar och skicka upp det till Stockholm denna helg blir bygget nästa helg istället. Tänk bara att sätta tänderna i +100000 helt nya bitar i Dark Blue, Dark Red ..... Mums!! Kom och "be part of Swedish (...) (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.se, FTX)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 4

(...) Without adding options, it would be best to have all transformations operations centered on main file origin. An extension would be to allow transformations centered on on user defined point (cf. MLCad). And to go further, transformations (...) (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Legotrff i hst (2008)

Då ska vi se... (...) (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Celebrity Minifigs in the news

(URL) of various celebrities related to the 30th anniversary. WOrth checking out! Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickmania Custom Kits Again? Which Ones?

(...) I have to agree with your assessment about doing it for the love of it rather than making any money. I'm quite certain I made something close to $1-2 an hour after all the accounting was done. Factor in CD sales and maybe I tripled my wage. (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Brickmania Custom Kits Again? Which Ones?

"Daniel Siskind" <blackened@visi.com> wrote in message news:K7EpBH.152@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I haven't actively sold any kits in a while although I did sell two a few months ago. Just recently I received an e-mail asking me if I'd (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

"Allan Johansen" <f2k@chaotica.dk> wrote in message news:K7CFDy.4I0@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) How much more money would you spend or would you simply spend your money differently? Exrapolate how much you might spend to a 1000 people? (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

"Purple Dave" <purple_daveAThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message news:K7CvLF.3no@lugnet.com... [ .... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I had breakfast with Jake one time when I was in Dallas (probably 4-5 years ago) and he told me the story of (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Brickmania Custom Kits Again? Which Ones?

There's been a lot of renewed interest in my customs model kits and I've actually been considering to crank up the old production lines. I have no intention of bringing back any of my old, out-of-production kits, but all new kits from scratch. I (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) I have been waiting to hear from someone on this. The issues left to be worked (as I remember them anyway): 1) compile all of the colors into one file (LDConfig.ldr) 2) work out the LDRAW color IDs as best as possible and get the steer co to (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Actually, it's not a recent trend - it's a rediscovered trend. Look at the 39x Hobby Model sets from 1975 & 1976. They were clearly aimed at adults. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Coagulations to A Very Talented First Lego League Competitor.

(URL) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.general)

  Re: Dirty Brickster at BrickCon 2008

(...) Good ol dirty brickster. I never miss it. And I know this if off topic, but was a draft set ever chosen for the con? (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: LDraw.org's position on the copyright of rendered images

(...) Thank you Willy and the SteerCo for answering the question with this clear and eminently reasonable response. For reference, here is my original question: (URL) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Honestly, my impression of the Lego hobbyist community is that there was a boom in growth of AFOL purchasing around 1998-2000. My honest-to-god guess is that AFOLs weren't worth marketing to back in, say, 1992, but we WERE worth marketing to (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  SR 3D Builder 0.3.2.1 Released

New version of my CAD application has just been released as always you can find it at (URL) building Sergio (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  TRU regular price SW plus poster

One page of LEGO in the TRU flyer good from Saturday September 20th to Friday September 26th. A bunch of SW sets, all at regular price. "FREE limited edition LEGO Clone Wars poster when you spend $50 or more on LEGO Star Wars items. Not available (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Yes! Me and the rest of you... Well in appreciation terms anyway. God Bless, Nathan (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Is there a reference site on motorized switchs

(...) Try these. There is some good information on all of them. (URL) FreeLUG Article on Motorized Points> (URL) Automated 9V Switch> (URL) Mark Riley's Solution> Good luck and happy building! -Dave ToT-LUG (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Is there a reference site on motorized switchs

I thought I had found one once, but then seem to have lost track of it, HELP!! (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gronlif’s Magic Forest

A late congrats post. This is some excellent work JoJo. Brilliantly lavish landscaping, a nice integrated dwelling, well furnished, some nice construction details, and an all round well scaled MOC. Very good work! God Bless, Nathan (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) The suggestion that fixes to already released official parts should not be in the unofficial library download ((URL)) seems reasonable at first reading, but we need to consider the wider implications. For example, consider the following (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

When it comes to Lego I'm with Tim... ; ) God Bless, Nathan (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: School Buses - both hovercraft and normal

(...) Reminds me of something NASA might do ; ) Great work on both models, I slightly favour the town version (only because of my deep hatred of space erhm, I mean only because of my personal bias against futuristic progressions that retain so much (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Both halves? Do adult fans represent 50% of the market? Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) And they may come back on Tracker as a new version when an author improves an already certified part. So often you have to deal with two version of the same part, one official and one (improved) on PT. Philo (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) That has always happened in the past, and will presumably happen with the next update. The parts tracker "unofficial parts library" only contains new (unreleased) files and that have been modified since the last update. This update was (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

Hi, I'm the author of SR 3D Builder and I was thinking that the update were including part corrections and fixes at least for the official parts, but I understand that is a huge work. Since my appl loads the whole part library to build images for (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) That's exactly it. If you're looking for black 2x4 bricks, the market is flooded with them, so BL prices have settled pretty low (and the rarer parts in a given set help offset those low prices so that sellers will still find it worth parting (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Well, let's check the math on this, shall we? Now, you'll have to excuse me, but I'm going to reorder your list by year of release, because it'll help me to make my point, but I will not be omitting anything: (...) 2008 (...) 2007 (...) 2006 (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) But that's exactly the point. It's not that they weren't aware of us at all. It's that they thought we were an inconsequencial fraction of the total market, and thus not worth catering to at all. And strictly in terms of the total customer (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: PnP, an NXT-based "industrial" robot

(...) Nah. Pressing the OFF button is OK. It's when it starts pressing the ON button that you have to worry. That's why one of my personal rules is "the deadlier the robot, the shorter the extension cord." BTW, not only is the 'bot nice, simple and (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Request for more stringent naming of (Complete|Shortcut) parts

(...) NOT that it's probably relevant to the discussion one way or the other, but... :-) Back before TLG was into their current practice of saving on packaging*, the boxes had what I always referred to as the "Display tray", a plastic molded tray (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Request for more stringent naming of (Complete|Shortcut) parts

(...) Sorry. I misinterpreted your initial post. I just went back and reread it, and see that it doesn't actually say that the user used 4107488.dat, but it does seems to imply this (at least to me). (...) I had forgotten about that new format for (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Request for more stringent naming of (Complete|Shortcut) parts

(...) The point is that the model does *not* use 4107488.dat because that is not the right shape for the model...... If everyone only ever used 4107488.dat, I would not have brought it up. (...) Chris has told me how to recognize the complete parts. (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Request for more stringent naming of (Complete|Shortcut) parts

In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote: <snip> (...) This is good to know. Sorry if I missed that. (...) Kevin (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) purely a header standardisation exercise, although minor changes were made to part descriptions as part of this. Chris (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Request for more stringent naming of (Complete|Shortcut) parts

(...) Well, it's not shipped completely disassembled (arms and hands are pre-attached to the torso, and legs are attached to hips). However, I have certainly never seen them shipped completely assembled as a minifig (except for the glued keychains, (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Request for more stringent naming of (Complete|Shortcut) parts

(...) Whether the Header Specification is ambiguous or not, this is how I believe I have implemented the "Shortcut" filetype in the !LDRAW_ORG line. So for the 2008-01 official library onwards, grep '!LDRAW_ORG Shortcut' * > foo should be reliable. (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 4

(...) Since there is question about how LDDP should mirror, what is the expected behavior? If my method is unexpected then how should the process be changed? (...) Can you give me more specifics? I added this since the last beta so it might not work (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Request for more stringent naming of (Complete|Shortcut) parts

(...) <SNIP> (...) Yes, they should, but the "mistake" was made eight years ago, before we had the clarity that time brings to standards implementation. The same applies to 754-756, at least. For backward compatibility reasons we can never remove (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Request for more stringent naming of (Complete|Shortcut) parts

(...) I guess they should be, but they are not. (...) Fair enough. I didn't know they were always shipped disassembled. (...) The only files that LPub opens and analyzes are model and submodel files. All other opening and analyzing of part files is (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Well, or maybe it's me generalizing from getting lucky once. Looking at PaB, 1x14's are currently 28 cents per piece. On Bricklink, right now, I can find them for as low as 15 cents, but not in anything like the quantities I'd needed. In fact (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Adder-substractor module with the new 3L differential

I read somewhere that the new differential was not good to build an adder-substractor... so I was forced to try! Here is the result: (URL) movie: (URL) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Request for more stringent naming of (Complete|Shortcut) parts

(...) Shouldn't 680.dat, 681.dat, and 682.dat all be in the parts/s directory? They don't represent real pieces of plastic (or rubber in this case), so I don't understand why they are modeled as such. Or do synthesized sub-parts get treated (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I think that's not quite the point that was being made. The point is that selling individual bricks to individual consumers is *grossly* more expensive for the company, not that it's cheaper, and hence would need to sell sets to keep their (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I didn’t say that they should stop selling the normal sets. I just asked for an additional service above and beyond that... But of course you have a point regarding the need for profit. Perhaps such an offer should be available only to certain (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: PnP, an NXT-based "industrial" robot

(...) Thank you. Like I said, you guys (rtl) are at least partially responsible (or to blame) for this, so I thought I'd flag it your way. (...) Well, speaking of computer angst, I only realized after the fact that PnP can literally push it's own (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Let's take a moment to ask, what's wrong with "Play"? Why do we get so defensive about it? None of my friends who play basketball feel the need to qualify "Play ball" with some explaination about how they "design and carryout team sports (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Well, if you include a margin for profit (which does seem fair), this *does* exist - it's called Pick-a-Brick, and you can do it on-line via S@H. Yes, I *know* it doesn't have all the elements, or all the colors... but it has loads more than (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) YES but LEGO wouldn't be around if they don't make some profits right? How at production cost would they survive. (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) To be honest, in my opinion there’s nothing particularly "adult" about those sets - they’re just models (albeit rather impressive models) with a high brick count and an even higher price tag. What I would really like to see, is the possibility (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

Skipped 21 messages in groups lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact