Re: September 27th SMART meeting at Redmond Library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2008 22:41:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.smart, Craig Zupke wrote:
Are any additional details of how the SMART-Bot City robots supposed to work
published somewhere?  I remember that we discussed a lot of ideas about how to
space intersections and whether they would be marked, but I don't remember
details of the final plan.  Tracking lines and 90 degree turns is obvious
enough, but what should we plan on doing for detecting intersections and/or
keeping track of distance traveled?

-Craig

Sorry for not replying sooner, I was hoping to have some code to share sooner,
but it's still not ready. When it is, it will deal with detecting intersections
and line tracking. In any case, if you can just make sure that your robot is
capable of doing sharp 90-degree turns, and tracking lines, I think that will be
a good start.

The SMART meeting will be next Saturday, at the Redmond Library. Hope to see an
interesting selection of robots for our city there! Gus or I will post code to
test your robot with as soon as we have it.

--
  David Schilling