  *561283 (-100)
  Re: BLCRBA - First Meeting

(...) The Cave Racer phenomenon continues! The proliferation of new LEGO organisations in the Brisbane area is quite remarkable. I hope the cross membership of the various organisations facilitates communication and cooperation between the various (...) (16 years ago, 11-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: BLCRBA - First Meeting

(...) It was a great night and I feel very lazy for only taking an adjudicating role but I guess it takes all sorts to build community. Tim (16 years ago, 11-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New Curator Ben W

(...) Ahh. I read lugnet.loc.au via NNTP so of course I never see the sidebar. It all becomes clear ... Kerry (16 years ago, 11-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: New Curator Ben W

(...) Hello Kerry, An interesting question...The main area in which curators work is in maintaining and updating the sidebar in the forum. One of the main reasons I applied for this position is that for the past few years, areas like the listing of (...) (16 years ago, 11-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: dinner?

(...) As Mentioned at dinner: (URL) cow Pun! Still one of my favorite lines.. (16 years ago, 11-May-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  BLCRBA - First Meeting

The Brisbane Lego Cave Racer Building Association held it's inaugural meeting last week. After much beer and smack talkin', we somehow managed to spend a few minutes in the building room. These were the result. First, Aaron's anime-ish (...) (16 years ago, 11-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: Speed Racer Mach 5 - Better then the Lego set

A few more pictures while the folder goes through moderation (4 URLs) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  DATHeader next UPDATE (1.1.7)

I have to announce the next update to DATHeader. Every time I got you wishes I try immediately to build that into that prog. You can download the current version 1.1.7 at (URL) (and comment) cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: DATHeader UPDATE

(...) I just have to announce the next version of DATHeader with your wishes build in. It was not so complicated I expected ;-) cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Speed Racer Mach 5 - Better then the Lego set

I created a minifig scale Mach 5 that I think is a more accurate rendition of the car then the official Lego set - it uses about 40 parts from it. I've been waiting to build this car for decades, and could only do it to my satisfaction with the new (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Nomine/auto-candidature LEGO ambassador

(...) ok scusate, come sempre sono tardo!:-) Appoggio tutti e tre!! In bocca al lupo ragazzi!!:-) ciao! Matteo (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: Nomine/auto-candidature LEGO ambassador

(...) Si, vero, ma ogni candidato deve avere il supporto di non meno di 3 altri membri. Luca (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: Nomine/auto-candidature LEGO ambassador

(...) ma non si era detto che per questa fase c'erano tre posti disponibili e solo tre candidature, per cui il voto non serviva?:-) ciao! Matteo (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: New Curator Ben W

(...) Sorry to appear deeply ignorant but what exactly does the curator (or co-curator) do? Apart from remove the letter t from your name? :-) Kerry (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: DATHeader UPDATE

(...) I still don't understand ;o) (...) Ah - you're right, it works if you d&d on the icon. But I tried to d&d on the opened program window - and that doesn't work. Philo (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DATHeader UPDATE

(...) I have just tested with drag and drop and it works on my machine. Hopefully on your too. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DATHeader UPDATE

(...) I have never done this in my progs, but I will try to implement. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDTrim

Here is the latest cryptic little utility to stumble out of my LDraw laboratory. Basically it just removes redundant characters and justifies fields. "LDTrim was developed to help pretty-print examples for documentation or discussion, but it could (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: DATHeader UPDATE

Hi Mike, (...) I'm not sure to understand what you mean... Would it be difficuld to implement drag and drop of file to Datheader? that's a feature I often miss... Philo (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

vabbè se poi devo dire le stesse cose in 2 post.... mah...sarà il lavora x Ballabbio che logora... ciao GAetano "Aetan" <aetan76@tiscali.it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:K0nwuq.BJx@lugnet.com... (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: Nomine/auto-candidature LEGO ambassador

anche io appoggio te stesso!!!! oltre Marco...ma quello già lo avevo detto... "Tristian" <tristian076@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:K0nv8G.nH@lugnet.com... (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: Test nuovo forum di ItLUG

(...) Non capisco dove sta il problema. Pubblicare indirizzi email tipo "superfigo83@..." oppure "cicciobello99@..." non mi pare possa aiutare nessuna identificazione. Il nome resta tale, ai raduni se non lo si lega ad un volto, non significa molto (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: ItLUG LEGO fest di Ballabio 2008: aggiornamenti importanti

Rigrazio anche io Marco, Massimo, RoscoPC e Debora per l'aiuto!! (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: Nomine/auto-candidature LEGO ambassador

io appoggio Marco e me stesso! :-) ciaooo (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  "Mighty Lizbet" Railway Cannon.

This is the first phase of my Railway Cannon project. This gun, although smaller, is very much based on the (URL) Schwerer Gustav>, aka "Dora". The TARC (Tabletown Army Railway Cannon) MkI- AKA the "Mighty Lizbet" is a 300mm Railway Cannon capable (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: One for all (maybe)

Hi, More than 5 years now since I've discovered the AFOL community. But I'm still incredibly amazed by its generosity and ability to make people collaborate. This post by Mike could look ordinary. But what a huge job from James Jessiman to this (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Test nuovo forum di ItLUG

(...) Questo è vero. Ciò è dovuto al fatto che alcune informazioni sulla pagina (come il numero di post) sono memorizzate in una variabile di sessione. In futuro cambierò questa caratteristica. Per adesso usate il pulsante "torna a..." che si trova (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: One for all (maybe)

(...) It makes (a lot of) sense. But I am not qualified to write installers... Maybe Mike? There is also the IP issue, some of the tools are neither mine nor Mike. Especially Edger, I tried several time to contact Lee Gaiteri to get the (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Test nuovo forum di ItLUG

(...) * Il tasto "indietro" dei browser IE e firefox produce strani effetti e comunque non è possibile tornare alla home con il tasto "indietro" * Nella visione lineare ti perdi facilmente xchè le risposte sono tutte allineate a sinistra. Sarebbe (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: One for all (maybe)

(...) Mike, Philo, would it be possible to bake a fine prog including all the progs with a GUI, installer, tutorials ... to ease installation, maintanance and such? w. ps. it is known that im not a coder so please let me if I had just asked a stupid (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Cloth ldraw

(...) When I created the wagon cover I made it drapped, since an flat sheet would work only for BOMs. Furthermore I used color 16 for the main part. I built a frame around the real cover to get the figures, beside recreating the same frame in MLCad (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.cad)

  EXTREMELY rare 325 Shell station from 1966...

...on ebay now: (URL) Good luck! Gianluca (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.market.auction, FTX)

  Le mie aste ebay...

Sto vendendo (tra le varie cose che ho in asta) un po' di Lego (sets misb e usati, lotti vari etc.) (URL) Altre cose interessanti in arrivo :-P Buona asta, G. (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug.market, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Temple of Yahweh

(...) Thanks, glad you liked those. I don't have an explanatory photo handy, but here's how they're made: The lower two rows use (URL) 33mm wagon wheels> as a skeleton, while the top three rows use (URL) 43mm wagon wheels>. To these wagon wheels, I (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: Test nuovo forum di ItLUG

ciao (...) Ti capisco, anche io ho sempre usato un reader, e le mai di conferma mi sono arrivate "quasi" sempre dopo pochi minuti. Ma, come avrai visto, un pò per provare e un pò per esigenza, ho scritto parecchio. E devo dire che in alcuni casi (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Temple of Yahweh

(...) That's one of the things The Brick Testament does best, I would hope. :) (...) To be honest, I didn't actually count the flowers/"pomegranates". I'm pretty sure it's under 200 since I remember I ordered 200 1x1 yellow tiles w/ clip as the (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: An MOC for the nostalgic

(...) It's just a turn of phrase, Al. Cheers Richie Dulin (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Museo del Giocattolo: articolo su Gazzetta Antiquariato

(...) Ho aggiunto l'immagine dei punti vendita della Gazzetta dell'Antiquariato: (URL) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Pubblicità Deutsche Bank 1995

Ho trovato questa pubblicità sul retro di un estratto conto nel 1995: (URL) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Brickworld Registration Deadlines Approaching

(URL) In an odd twist of timing...as BrickCon opens for registration, Brickworld is nearing the end of registration. Even though there is no deadline to register for Brickworld, there are three deadlines on May 28 that you need to be aware of: 1) (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, FTX) !

  New Curator Ben W

Please join me in welcoming our latest .loc.au co-curator - Ben Whycross. Hopefully he'll be able to keep those sale dates more current :) ROSCO (LEGO ambassador and .loc.au co-curator) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Liquidating my 400 pound LEGO collection

Title says it all, I am finally getting around to liquidating my LEGO hoard. I have some sets up on eBay now and will be putting up some more in the coming months as well as bulk lots ranging from vintage Samsonite and Classic Space to Pirates and (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.market.auction, FTX)

  May 31st, 2008 SMART Meeting

Our next SMART meeting will be May 31st, 2008. Note, this is two weeks later than I indicated during the last meeting -- I knew we wouldn't meet Memorial Day weekend, but didn't think that there was actually a Saturday this month *after* Memorial (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  DATHeader UPDATE

Version 1.1.6 of DATHeader is now available for download at www.michael-heidemann.de. You can now give DATHeader a file with path as a parameter to open. You can now change the category back to nothing if needed. Enjoy mikeheide (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Nomine/auto-candidature LEGO ambassador

(...) appoggio anch'io la candidatura di Marco e anche di Giannitti Andrea (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: An MOC for the nostalgic

(...) These are just so darn cuute!! It reminds me of CS meeting Futuron (with that robot having a hint of MST3K) and what would result. And using tires that way does mimic tank treads very well. Vool work sir! (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: An MOC for the nostalgic

(...) I am also a nostalgic Classic Space! Fan. I am just not that active in .space and I don't seem to fit in at classic-space.com where a lot of the traffic went. (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Nomine/auto-candidature LEGO ambassador

Ciao Anche io appoggio Marco!!!...!!! Ho anche la maglietta con la foto...... GAetano "antonella" <acarabel@tin.it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:K0Io33.5GI@lugnet.com... (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: Test nuovo forum di ItLUG

ciao Elogio senza dubbio il lavoro svolto e l'impegno di tutti voi "in prima linea" sul nuovo forum, ma o più volte provato a leggere le discussioni e a curiosare qua e la... Personalmente lo trovo dispersivo e il fatto di dover caricare sempre una (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Two new sculptures

(Sorry for the double post, I forgot to cross-post this to lugnet.announce.moc) In lugnet.build.sculpture, Sean Kenney wrote: Hi everybody! As many of you know, I do a lot of commissioned LEGO sculptures... and as a result it's rare nowadays that I (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX) !

  Re: Variation of old pneumatic pump from the 80s

The long handle pump is mentionned here: (URL) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: An MOC for the nostalgic

(...) If you've not already seen them you really must check out Pete Reid's updated CS models ((URL) incredible. Tim (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.space)

  Re: An MOC for the nostalgic

(...) I thought there were more nostalgic spacers around than that. I know I'm certainly one. Nice model. Allister (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Two new sculptures

Hi everybody! As many of you know, I do a lot of commissioned LEGO sculptures... and as a result it's rare nowadays that I can find the time to make creations of my own! I'm happy to say I made a bit of time for myself recently and made these two (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: Test nuovo forum di ItLUG

(...) Ciao a tutti, volevo aggiungere alcuni dettagli sulle principali caratteristiche del nuovo forum: - L'accesso si effettua tramite username e password. - La pubblicazione dei messaggi è immediata (niente mail di conferma). - è possibile (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: An MOC for the nostalgic

(...) It's cool to see Classic Space with newer parts. If/when LEGO brings it back, it hopefully will look something like that. (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.space)

  Re: An MOC for the nostalgic

(...) Less than three, CH Tim. Absolute voolness Spotlighted! Cheers Richie Dulin (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Test nuovo forum di ItLUG

Luca Giannitti ha scritto: (...) Immagino che ci sarà un periodo dove si continuerà ad utilizzare due forum, magari solo per abitudine. Direi che potremmo in tempi brevi, magari entro Ballabio, chiedere il sotto.forum "market", visto che anche (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Variation of old pneumatic pump from the 80s

Hi, yesterday I came a cross a strange pump from set 8680 ((URL)). This is the pump I found: (URL) What's different from usual? The piston (I'll call "piston" the black part and "cylinder" the yellow/red part) is longer, as it comes from a long (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Test nuovo forum di ItLUG

L'immane lavoro di costruzione del nuovo forum di ItLUG, realizzato da Davide "Testaciatta" Quattrocchi, è giunto al termine. L'aspetto estetico ed i dettagli possono ancora essere migliorati, ma il motore che muove tutto è pronto. Questo è (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  An MOC for the nostalgic

(URL) Hi all, Figured there were enough nostalgic spacers around LUGNET to make posting this worthwhile. Tim (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: Australian Ambassadors - nominations/voting

(...) Out of interest who are the 'right people'? (...) If you read the words carefully you'd notice that this isn't a formal nomination. (...) I have a suspicion the other sites think it's all rather amusing if they think anything of it at all. I (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Australian Ambassadors - nominations/voting

--snip-- (...) --snip-- (...) The 'up to 3 people' part of the rules is why I started this thread. I hoped to insure that there would be three candidates who could act on Australia-specific issues were they selected. Tim (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: BLTG on the screen

(...) Do you even understand how youtube works? My only intent was to crosspost to lugnet.trains, which you always seem to neglect doing. Don't you think that they'd be interested in the goings on of your train group? (...) Whining snipped (...) (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Australian Ambassadors - nominations/voting

(...) It was a joke, Peter. Are you familiar with the concept at all? (...) No surpsrises there, you sad little man. (...) DGAF. (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Australian Ambassadors - nominations/voting

(...) Good Buddy Kerry has allready informed all the right people that she does not want to be nominated and if you read the rules again you should have asked her first before you published your big words!! As for "Mirth" I have said another phrase (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: BLTG on the screen

(...) Allister It is not "fame at last" Our recognition has been in numerous forms by numerous people and organizations over the past 8 years. It was just unusual for someone to film us and put it on U Tube without letting us know. About 5 years ago (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BLTG on the screen

(...) Fame at last! (x-posted to trains) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Australian Ambassadors - nominations/voting

(...) Aw, go and spoil the joke, why don't you. The frenzy of 'nominations' has been a source of much mirth. I nominate Kerry. Al (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  ItLUG LEGO fest di Ballabio 2008: aggiornamenti importanti

- Partecipazione LEGO Italia E' con immenso piacere che anche quest'anno LEGO Italia ci fornirà diverso materiale per Ballabio. - punto giochi Creator/Duplo al secondo piano - alcune costruzioni per l'ingresso e la palestra - alcune sculture per (...) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Museo del Giocattolo: articolo su Gazzetta Antiquariato

Al seguente link: (URL) l'articolo sul Museo di Zagarolo e sulla nostra esposizione "LEGami" apparso sull'ultimo numero de "La Gazzetta dell'Antiquariato". Ciao Marco (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  One for all (maybe)

I have now ready a new tool to give the very good commandline tools a gui. You can find the tool at: (URL) hope you like it. Please come back with your experience, so it can become better. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: Cloth ldraw

(...) The minifig cape has also been done up in a draped position. (...) Take a peek at this if you want an idea what's involved in doing sails. (URL) has a nifty interactive simulation, and links to some articles on the math and physics involved. (...) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: The Adventure Begins: BrickCon 2008 Registration is Open!

Registration #32! BTW thanks for adding the feature that allows me to register myself and a family member in one transaction. That really helps me keep it straight. Now I just have to wait to pre-order T-shirts and the Con model! (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: Daves first camera

(...) And the even better news for Chris (since he's so interested in my old digital camera) On eBay right now you can buy 10 of them in one fell swoop! (URL) think I may have to place a bid--for a buck! Dave K (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Daves first camera

(...) Close-- (4 URLs) Just a tad smaller and 20 years newer... Though it did take lots of batteries to run Dave K (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Cloth ldraw

(...) Hello! I am a Bricksmith fan too. (...) The only cloth or canvas LDraw part I know of is discussed here: (URL) a wagon cover rather than a sail, however. I suspect a challenge with creating cloth parts is deciding how to shape them since (...) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Daves first camera

Dave, i cant recall, was this the camera you used to take all your pics with? (URL) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Australian Ambassadors - nominations/voting

(...) I assume you meant this as a rhetorical question... (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: OT: More Bacon

(...) IT was only a matter of time: (URL) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

I'd like to nominate Willy Tschager. Marco (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Nomine LEGO Ambassador per l'anno 2008/2009

(...) Allora io dico la mia: Marco Chiappa. ciao SteP (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) Many thx Tim for the nomination, I accept. w. (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) Philo! Awesome tool, can hardly wait to check it out. I've been waiting for a long, long time for such a prog. w. (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Australian Ambassadors - nominations/voting

Jeez Louise! Can you guys all learn to, like, read?! The rules are these: What should a nomination have in it? a.. Name and age of the nominee. b.. Where is the nominee from? c.. Which Group does this nominee represent? d.. Does this person consent (...) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) For unproject MLCad does the job. Symply select everything and set the appropriate matrix row at 0. This is perfect for triangle, quads... If you have primitives you have to later automatically fix the "all zero matrix row" using LDDP. The (...) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Temple of Yahweh

(...) Brendan, Any chance of a picture on brickshelf deconstructing how you made the pillar capitals (ie; what's the skelton underneath all the 1x1 tiles w/top clip? (that's some seeeeriously clever engineering!) (URL) Is Solomon your first featured (...) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Cloth ldraw

Hello, specially to mac users I finally got an Imac24" intel and I love it allredy made a new wallpaper 1900 x 1200 and I love bricksmith I have a question is there any ldraw cloth made specially boat sails? please update ldraw (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad)

  BLTG on the screen

Hey all Have a look at this BLTG on U Tube from last year Well done the QLD "Train Heads" (URL) Cheers Peter P (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Kit Review Time Again ( has to break the monotony)

Well this time I am looking at a pure technic kit that just recently occupied the shelves but very high in price. I don't see many around now but perhaps there still are a couple out there to pick up. Well worth it at 1384 pieces it is 8275 the (...) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) This is great! Like Tim, I'd been thinking about writing a tool like this for a long time. Thank you very much for making this available. Steve (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) It's a direct parallel projection. I think it's the best since the photo (with a long focal lens) or a scan has the same projection. Philo (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) I was curious if it was a direct projection or an area preserving one. A nice variant might be to write an area preserving variant although that would get quite complex. Tim (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) It should. One interesting aspect is that while photo/scan distorts the pattern, flattening the shape to put it in quad2dat does the same distortion so they compensate each other! Philo (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Temple of Yahweh

That made my day. The last page of Ark Into the Temple totally grossed me out. But in a good way. Are there in fact the prescribed number of pomegranates? If so, I take my hat off to you! It looks like the proprtions are correct, too. (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  The Adventure Begins: BrickCon 2008 Registration is Open!

BrickCon 2008 Early Registration is now available at (URL) the special Early Registration price (prices go up starting in August). BrickCon is an annual adult Lego hobbyist convention and exposition in Seattle. BrickCon 2008 will be October 3, 4, (...) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community) !!

  Re: Australian Ambassadors - nominations/voting

(...) I would like to also nominate the above 3, Rosco and Richie Dulin have done great work (and brickvention would not of been as sucessful with out there work), and I've heard good things about Aaron up north. Aaron A (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) Here is the response I received via email: (...) If anyone wants to take a look at the code, please do. I'll have some friends look when I have the opportunity. -Tim (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Australian Ambassadors - nominations/voting

(...) While this is good in theory, the reality is that actually finding such people is going to be problematic. (...) I strongly disagree that the ‘most active’ groups are necessarily the train groups. The most active Australian group I know of is (...) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) I'd like to nominate Willy Tschager. Tim (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Skipped 9 messages in group lugnet.admin.statistics (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact