Re: Help writing LDraw's history
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2008 04:02:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Michael Heidemann wrote:
   Nothing can be found in that file that helps us. You have to go to the project page and then you have all files for download and there are a lot. As far as I understand the code the file that has the code that we have to change is here, but I do not understand all from that complex programming. http://simile.mit.edu/repository/timeline/trunk/src/webapp/api/scripts/detailed-painter.js But this is only a suggestion. It is a mighty project and javascript is very, very bad to debug.

cu mikeheide

I did some more digging on the project homepage and found the name of the creator. I sent him an email directly (vs the prof. over the project). We’ll see what happens there. Otherwise, I’ve been meaning to have a friend or two look into the .js file and will when I can.

-Tim

Here is the response I received via email:

   Hi Tim,

That improvement is not being planned for, though we always welcome patches. > We’ve moved some projects over to Google Code hosting:

http://code.google.com/p/simile-widgets/

You can check out the code and play with it yourself.

Cheers,

David

If anyone wants to take a look at the code, please do. I’ll have some friends look when I have the opportunity.

-Tim