Re: Help writing LDraw's history
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2008 03:04:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   This was the best I could come up with:

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/private/timeline.html

I created one big event for LDView spanning from its original release until Dec 31 2010, and then created a point event for each release.

--Travis

Hmm, yeah I’m a bit disappointed in how it doesn’t let you group events so they show up in the same place horizontally. So, if we want to use this in its current state, we’d have to drop the version dates which isn’t good.

I hope the group that put this out gets back to me. There was no one contact for Timeline, so I sent one of the professors over the project page the note. Hopefully he’ll get the message to the right person and I’ll hear back.

It would be nice if you could just contain events within a group tag and that would force them to the same line provided they don’t overlap.

I found this alternative, but it’s a bit simplistic. I added a single event and a span event to test. I’m not sure if it works out visually the way we’d want.

http://www.beedocuments.com/

It publishes to the web if you get the license ($40).

This one may have some promise:

http://www.learningtools.arts.ubc.ca/timeline.htm

I still prefer the aesthetics and functionality of the first choice. If we could get it to behave.

Anyone have alternative suggestions?

-Tim