 Local / Australia / 14467
Re: BLTG on the screen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2008 03:03:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Allister McLaren wrote:

Fame at last!

(x-posted to trains)

Allister It is not “fame at last” Our recognition has been in numerous forms by numerous people and organizations over the past 8 years. It was just unusual for someone to film us and put it on U Tube without letting us know.

About 5 years ago Lego Australia PR people from Sydney contacted me to do a segment for them as an AFOL on Brisbane Extra and I gave them 3 hours of my time and setting up Lego all over my residence for them. Many Many people and old train heads have come up to me while I man the PR section at our displays and say “great job son” really looks great and this is with hundreds of people in the front of our 14metre frontage. But you know what hurts the most is the amount of people who come up and ask “is Lego supporting you” or “What shop can we buy these trains in” and we sadly have to say no and no shop. That being the truth because when I started the group back in 2000 I asked Lego Australia, TLG, even found the QLD sales Rep for some support at our train shows with just some banners for the front and some more colorful T shirts than the Black ones we all have.

All their answers where “no Lego does not support any other organization or display other than their own” LA even went as far as to say “we can’t stop you displaying but we would rather you not” The QLD rep gave me his card at a Lego display at a shopping centre and said ring me tomorrow and I will arrange it all no problems, know when I heard back from him ? Two weeks after the train show.

Actually I couldn’t support Lego as an ambassador if I tried and was nominated!!

But no we don’t need the fame we have that and all the scars that go with it and have had a great time entertaining the public which was our and still is our main aim.

I have said enough to your plain little comment maybe some of the others from Ex BLTG or even some who have seen our displays will fill you in some more on what we have done to promote Lego to the general community over the past 8 years.

Cheers Have a nice day Peter note the member no #348 (been with Lugnet a long time)