 Local / Australia / 14476
Re: New Curator Ben W
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2008 01:28:22 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:

Please join me in welcoming our latest .loc.au co-curator - Ben Whycross.

Sorry to appear deeply ignorant but what exactly does the curator (or
co-curator) do? Apart from remove the letter t from your name? :-)

Kerry

Hello Kerry,

An interesting question...The main area in which curators work is in maintaining
and updating the sidebar in the forum. One of the main reasons I applied for
this position is that for the past few years, areas like the listing of
upcoming/current sales has been neglected to a point, as has notice of upcoming
meetings.

What I am hoping to do is to assist Richie and Ross with the maintenance of this
area (along with looking after .org.au) in order to encourage people both to use
this site. In addition, I would like to see this forum become a central web-site
that can be provided to any potential LEGO fan as a common entry-point into
joining one of the Australian groups. In this way, any AFOL will be able to
provide one URL, anywhere in Australia, and from there the new LEGO fan will be
able to find location specific information relevent to themselves.

I hope this clears things up a bit,

Benjamin Whytcross