 Technic / 5448
Re: New Civil Engineer letter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 21:45:19 GMT

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:GFwFDH.8JM@lugnet.com...

So should I leave the part about Lego being no worse for modelling steel
out?  Actually I need to research Meccano but I think it only consists of
plates so if you want to form a member (I-beam or box section) you have to
bolt it together first.  A technic beam is already a decent member.

As far as I know, Meccano has 'L'-beams, and perhaps 'U' too? At least there
are large plates, with folded sides, which is effectively a 'U'.

(I only have the Swedish clone of Meccano (Teknik) at hand, and this includes
L-beams, L-plates, Z-plates and U-plates, even a LUL plate)
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm