 Local / United Kingdom / 6808
Re: New Civil Engineer letter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:59:50 GMT

What a petty, hasn't meccano gone bust.

on another point My fiancee who is a civil engineer is always nicking my
lego to use as illustrations for construction techniques

James

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
Dear All

There was a letter in last week's New Civil Engineer which I shall • reproduce
for you:

"I support the suggestion made by your correspondent (nCE 7 June) that
Meccano be adopted by schools to assist in the study of construction.
Unfortunately it is my experience that teachers expect children to • construct
things using Lego, which although it has some merits, is absolutely • hopeless
for modelling structures or demonstrating mechanics."

The writer provided his address so after a few hours to calm down I • thought
we might like to respond to this.

What do you think?

Psi