 Robotics / 15713
RE: New Civil Engineer letter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 13:36:00 GMT

Steve wrote:

My kid was raised on Lego *and* Meccano *and* Lincoln Logs *and* Knex
*and* Construx *and* Girder-and-Panel *and* balsa-wood+glue *and*
Anatomics
(you build dinosaur skeletons from a bunch of 'bones' that snap together
using ball-and-socket joints) *and* Wizzard Wandz *and* <some
German system
that lets you build full-sized climbing frames from two foot long sections
of plastic pipework - and comes with a 1/10th scale version of
all the parts
so you can plan your work on a more reasonable scale!>.

There have been *many* others.

At age 10, he is just starting in on
pressure-treated-lumber-and-coach-bolts,
Linux, C++ programming and my wife's 1972 VW bug!

Ummm, can you adopt older (39 yrs) kids like myself? :-)

Cheers, Ralph