 Robotics / 15714
RE: Hardware Hack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:11:49 GMT

Nope. One of the inputs is used for the battery level, the other 4 are
unused as far as I know. The on/off button is connected to a hard interrupt
line for the sleep function, and the other 3 butons are on an IO port.

So, the question remains, if I'm careful with a soldering iron, is it
likely I could hack some additional input ports?  Any comments?  (I'm
still trying to D/L the docs from Hitachi.....)

Hacking output ports would be much trickier, since I'd have to also add
motor drivers, etc.  I'd also almost certainly have to go to using LegOS,
I bet.

It's all in Kekoa's original document....and I don't have the URL
handy, but a quick LUGNET search (a feature more folks should use :-)
turns up:

<http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/pbforth/?n=306>

And the actual URL for the doc is:

http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/

Really nice source of info-- thanks for the reference!

-Roy