 Pirates / 1960
Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 16:13:57 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Greg Kramer writes:
I think re-releasing sets will drive me crazy for a different, but related,
reason...  I'm less worried about the value of the sets I own going down,
but I think this will make it much harder for me, as a buyer, to figure out
how much to pay for an older set.

Every time I go to buy an older set (one that Lego has not yet re-released),
in the back of my mind I'll be thinking "maybe I should wait another few
months and see if Lego re-releases it".  You know, do I pay 50% over retail
now, or get in an ebay bidding war, when it could show up at Lego Direct in
two months?

Ya.

But just look at it as "do I want the enjoyment of having it nowish enough
to pay X for it" rather than the other way...  if I stress out for 1/2 hour
about the decision, that's a cost too...

So stop worrying and buy buy buy. Or sell sell sell. I dunno. ;-)

++Lar