 Pirates / 1942
Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 19:40:08 GMT

Thank you John Neal for bringing this up!

If your into the hobby for pleasure, then that’s great!
If you’re into the hobby for profit and profit alone, get out!

These are TOYS were talking about (Although, some very valuable in nostalgic
worth.) lets not destroy Lego with price speculation and ramped collector
buying. This happened to baseball cards and comics a few years back. People
who didn’t care for the hobby simply bought-in to make a quick profit. This
inflation really hurt the industry once the bubble popped. But, the
individuals who were hurt the most were the fans that enjoyed the hobby and
had to endure the astronomical price increase.

If you enjoy Lego, be happy that more people can find enjoyment in these
classic sets!

                                   --==Richard==--

In lugnet.pirates, John Neal writes:

John Carroll wrote:

If TLC is reissuing old sets those selling old sets not be too happy (EI
held onto a guarded in to sell it on ebay for mucho $, And then TLC
rereleases it in 2001[1])

They won't be the same (different set numbers), but besides that, these are toys
we are talking about, not investments.  If someone takes a bath from using LEGO as
an investment, well that's the breaks in a market....

I will be happy cause hopefully I can get some old
sets again.

That's the whole point:-)

but a little disapointed cause now anyone can have a cheap army
of black falcons[1]

John, think about what you just wrote, and how silly and self-serving it was.  I
like to think that AFOLs are above such caddiness.

it might wreck havoc on ebay and brick bay etc. (which
can be overpriced)

???  Prices will always be determined by supply and demand.  Nothing is
overpriced, unless it doesn't sell.  High prices merely reflect motivated buyers
(and sometimes clueless ones at that;-)

-John