 Pirates / 1966
Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 21:58:58 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Brian Kasprzyk writes:

Now, onto more pressing matters, The Yellow Castle...

Why hasn't it been considered as a recreation of a classic set.  What could
be a better surprise than that for the big "July Surprise" everyone is
talking about.

Let's break the Yellow Castle down (I'm lucky enough to still have one from
childhood):
1. 95% of the set is basic brick
2. The minifigs are all plain torso, no problem there.
2. Horses were made out of basic brick.  Could be swapped for pre-formed horses
3.  Classic helmets are not in production, but the new style is.  Could be
swapped for those
4.  Tall, sloped bricks are currently in blue, green and dark gray. (pink
too?)  No problem there looking fo rthe mold.
5.  Torso stickers are becoming very prevalent (McD's, Soccer, Bike Tours,
etc)  No problem there.
6.  1x1 red windows,  this is the only hang-up I see for not re-introducing
the Yellow Castle.
7.  Weapons in light gray.  Heck, all the shields are still produced on
light gray blanks.
8.  What's that leave, not a thing from stopping a re-release of the prized
Yellow castle.  I think it is cheaper and cheaper set for them to reproduce
then the Guarded Inn.  (Personal feeling when comparing the types of
elements in each set).

Good analysis. The hard part from my viewpoint is the helmet visor. Tis made
of a different plastic and surely has been out of production for an awfully
long time.

It sounds like, since you proposed some other mods, that you would be OK
with substitutions?

++Lar