 Pirates / 1951
Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 07:50:28 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Carroll writes:
If TLC is reissuing old sets those selling old sets not be too happy (EI
held onto a guarded in to sell it on ebay for mucho $, And then TLC
rereleases it in 2001[1]) I will be happy cause hopefully I can get some old
sets again.  but a little disapointed cause now anyone can have a cheap army
of black falcons[1] it might wreck havoc on ebay and brick bay etc. (which
can be overpriced)

Those who paid $800 for a single set (I have) will still have their Lego...
so what's the worry?

I think in the long run it will be good. We may see the return of parts
which we never thought we'd see again... and some we do not want to see
again (Fabuland!). As these sets will have minimal development costs, we may
even see slightly cheaper Lego... but I doubt it!

I just hope Lego bring back some good sets. Sure, the 8459 is OK. But the RC
car... why? 8460 (for parts) please... find those molds Brad!

Scott A

Oh well I can't wait for the July surprise

John

[1]speculation I don't want anyone to think I have inside information or
somethinig

In lugnet.pirates, Aaron West writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Jimmy Park writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Ralph Döring writes:
If this IS the july suprise, we may be pleased sooner than we think...

Well, I suppose technically, this is part of the July surprise.

- My guess is, that they had a lot of these sets left. Maybe all or a part
of them are sets coming back from the shops and my have bruised boxes. This
could be the reason for the new boxes.
- I´d bet that TLG is not re-releasing old sets. They are rather selling old
stock. So hope for the best but don´t expect too much.

I sincerely doubt this is old stock.  They are re-releasing some older sets.

Jimmy Park

Is LEGO really reissuing old sets?  Can we expect an official answer?
I can only assume that all information circulating is true as we should have
heard from one of the LEGO representatives that seem to read and respond SO
frequently here on LUGNET.  Sillence seems to suggest that the words by
Jimmy Park are essentially summing things up for them and they may have a
gag order regarding this particular issue.  If we could have some kind of
note from Brad Justus as to whether any of this is truth or rumor, I would
sincerely appreciate it.
-Aaron West-