 Pirates / 1919
Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 17:03:16 GMT

Crazy?

  Perhaps a bit of an overstatement, but I'm excited to see those new
(old) Pirate ships and that Technic front end loader!  Lego has completely
dropped the Technic line, its not on their website and only a tiny number
are in the last catalog I got.  I'm VERY EXCITED to see new (old) technic
stuff come back out.  Since they seem to have lost the ability to make any
new stuff, it'll be neat to see he old stuff come back!  With the Harry
Potter, racer, King Leo and Throwbot effulvia(gag) stuff out there I'm dying
to see more of the stuff that made me love Lego!

IMO,
DLC

In lugnet.pirates, Nick Cameron writes:
  We should be going crazy. Think this over:

-We see old technic and town sets clearly in modern boxes (e.g. labeled city
center)

-We see two pirate sets in all new packaging

-Lego dosn't usually make new packaging for just two sets, or limit them to
one country.

-Whenever Lego makes big sets in a theme, they also make lots of little ones

-Lego dosn't usually ralease things over $50 in only one country

-People may start to get mad that Lego is only selling things they already
have, so Lego will probably also make new sets

   If you didn't get one word of that, let me interpret: EITHER PIRATES ARE
COMIN' BACK, OR EVERY THEME WILL HAVE OLD SETS RE-REALEASED (yellow castle?)!

If this IS the july suprise, we may be pleased sooner than we think...

NICK