 Pirates / 1950
Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 04:01:27 GMT

(General note: I have no clue where this discussion should be going,
general, marketplace theory? Feel free to redirect)

John & All,

Don't get me wrong I really hope that they are reissuing old early 80's
sets.  I want a guarded inn and a large army of black falcons.  I'm just
giving reasons why people may not be going crazy.

Indeed. As a pretty big collector of LEGO sets (Not for money, bt I enjoy
havbing them) and of LEGO parts, I would b happy to trade in the value of my
stuff, for more people having access to older sets. And I for one, would
love not paying 3~5.00 for each futuron minifig. I do, I don't reget buying
them, but it would be nice to see it cheaper.

I don't sell LEGO or collect it for profit, but there is something special
about owning smoething that everyone else wants.  If I had more rare (or any
extremely rare) LEGO sets I would be disapointed if everyone else could get
one too.

Well, I think it is a good stroke of genious that TLC made different set
numbers, so you can still have that original factor. Yes, I have both xxxx
and xxxx too. I actually got that et when it first came out, but I am glad
you can get it again.

I know, I know, Whaa whaa.  it isn't a big deal. just not everyone will be
super psyched about the reissue of old sets.  assuming that that is what the
july surprise is I will be one of the first people at TRU.

I think it is a great move on their part, and I hope it is really
profitable, and I hope more and more sets and accessories come out. (HINT:
MONORAIL MONORAIL MONORAIL FUTURON FUTURON FUTURON)

Scott "Dreaming of Futuron sets being re-released" S.