 People / 4650
Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:59:39 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Molly Friedrich wrote:
Hello Lugnet,

I am not returning to Lego as a hobby just yet.  I simply put my images back
online because I found some small amount of discussion on a Lego fan board
regarding my MOCs being deleted off Brickshelf (specifically the Benevolent
Grace), and the concensus seemed to be that it was unfortunate.  I am
sorry, I honestly didn't think anyone would notice, but the error in
judgement is now fixed.

I don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable posting here or building Lego
MOCs again but I wanted to let you know I do miss it a little and my
partner Vanessa and I attended NWBrickcon last weekend and enjoyed seeing
all the wonderful creations.  She is interested in Lego and may eventually
pull me into the hobby with her.  Personally... I dunno, I didn't feel
welcomed at all by the NWBrickcon by the AFOLs who I recognized there, and
honestly I don't really blame you individually that much.  I understand
it's probably very hard to "get" if you haven't ever felt what I feel.
All I ask is that you please respect me enough to call me by my real name
(the name I am posting under now), and use the correct pronouns if you are
going to talk about me. • <snip>

thanks for your time, and happy building!
Molly

Molly,

That's an unfortunate set of circumstances. I remember you from when you posted
before. You were, and presumably still are, a very leading edge builder. Just
let it be known that your skills will be missed. I'll make the leap though that
one day you'll be back. I'm hoping that your partner's interest keeps the embers
alive.

-Duane