 Announcements / 3315
  My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

Hello Lugnet, My name is Molly Friedrich. I was a regular poster a few years ago under my old name, although things have changed a lot for me and I needed some time to process everything. Some may have considered me an innovator in the space and (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars) !!

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Hi Molly, Thanks for putting all those excellent models back up. I hope you do regain an interest/acceptance in Lego again and wish you all the best wherever life may take you. Tim (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Thanks for putting the galleries back up. I am happy to be able to make comparisons between your Sand Crawler and the TLG Sand Crawler. WRT the town/train stuff . . . I really like this red & tan building: (URL) Fire escapes! I might mess (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) <snip> (...) Molly, That's an unfortunate set of circumstances. I remember you from when you posted before. You were, and presumably still are, a very leading edge builder. Just let it be known that your skills will be missed. I'll make the (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Hi Molly - Ahhh, I can't begin to tell you how happy I was to see "Subterfugitives" again. I remember how excited and amazed I was when you first posted the chapters, and I still consider them some of the most creative and evocative (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

Hey Molly Just wanted to say that I like your stuff, some of your designs is really interesting and unusual. I hope you'll get back into Lego/Space again, there's a new forum around, CSF, with a lot less history and mostly new people (like me) that (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Thanks, Tim. I do have a feeling I will be back pretty soon. Vanessa has been talking about Lego since the NWBrickcon and I think she's going to start building a castle themed creation pretty quick. Once I see someone tinkering with Lego I (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) I love fire escapes, I think I originally built that building just so I could make the fire escapes on it :B it turned out to be one of my favorite things on my layout for the NILTC. If I were to retroactively name it, I would call it The (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Thank you, I do agree its unfortunate in a lot of ways. I wish this wasn't the thing I had to deal with in my life, its been a very hard and lonely road to walk at times. Things are getting very good now, however. I think I am happier and more (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) hehe, I remember your reaction from back then :) thanks a lot, all I can think is that I look back now and I want to stab old me for not buying a proper digital camera BEFORE making all those sets and MOCs! As for more, I doubt it... but (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) thank you :) I am surprised that people still like my old stuff, especially considering how many huge and amazing space ships have come in the last few years. (...) I do appreciate the heads-up If you mean classic-space.com it looks like a (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Hey Molly! Good to see you posting again. I was going to write back to your original post, but here looks like a better place to hang my response. Just wanted to write and say I'm glad you're re-surfacing a bit, and glad you were able to make (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

Hey Molly, I've always been a fan of your mocs, especially Port Saturn and the S.E.T. Let me just echo the others by saying that I hope you pick up the hobby again and continue to bring the noise. If nothing else, maybe you'll feel comfortable (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Molly, I just wanted to say welcome back and thanks for reposting these MOCs. You really are a legendary builder. Space is better with you around than without. -Lenny (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Molly, your building will always be legendary, it has been an inspiration for all of us. I remember them before and it was a sad day when they dissappeared. I help admin classic-space.com and I want to offically let you know we'd love to have (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) thanks so much :) I bought Vanessa and I some sets today to celebrate her starting a new job, so I'll definately be back soon. Now let's hope I can life up to my own reputation as a builder! LOL M (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Hey Tim! (...) I remember you and Ondrew coming over to my place and helping me move when I was preparing to move to Seattle, and I think I remember both of you stating with some conviction that I would be back eventually. Lego fans don't die, (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Deal :) Sounds good to me, and thank you... also, after talking to the Grand Admiral, I think some of what I was percieving as a cold shoulder was merely a misunderstanding of some sort between two people going into their own respective dark (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) ah HA! You were the one who liked Port Saturn :] (sorry I kid, but I never really felt that MOC lived up to what I wanted it to be personally, maybe it was because of all the trans-antifreeze (probably my least favorite color)... but I'm glad (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Gosh, yes I remember that! And back you are... (...) Well, since finishing school in 05 I've been spending the time being the entrepreneur I am and getting my life established. Way too much activity, ups and downs, etc to talk about here, and (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Sweet more CASTLE! Has Vanessa found classic-castle.com yet? I was a first-time attendee at NW BRick Con this year and I look forward to meeting the two of you next year. (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

Molly, welcome back. I never really felt like I got to know you before and always have been a fan. I'm actaully a little ashamed that I didn't really get a chance to say hi at NWBrickCon. But then I like to run around a lot. If you decide to show up (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

I'll be honest enough to say I don't remember you (than again I don't darken .space's door often) but looking around at your MOCs I was impressed by how they've withstood the test of time... I particularly liked (URL) this> little one, because if (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Holy cow! I was like, "Hmmm, Molly must have come and gone a LONG time ago, 'cause I don't remember any of this and I've been here for a few years" then I clicked your Brickshelf folder link and I was like, "Holy crap! I remember when those (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Hey, don't sell yourself short. I've seen people link to your MOCs more than once on that site and never once read a bad remark of any history...only regret that such a great builder gave up the hobby. There are some people there who really (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

Welcome back Molly! I for one missed your work immensely. You are definitely an innovator in many LEGO themes. I still think your spaceships are some of the finest ever built. I'm glad you made this post and I'm glad you put your stuff back up. I (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) well, I mainly wanted to talk to you because I really enjoyed that big blue ship you were displaying. I love all the details, like my favorite was probably the rings around the ladder in the bay area. That sort of attention to little stuff is (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) thank you, I am definately staying... I am already planning my big return MOC :) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) well, its good to be coming back! I feel like a part of me that was missing is being put back where it should be. I never really enjoyed selling my collection much, it was a practical issue at the time, and it was something I definately had to (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) wow, coming from you that means a lot, Mladen. I have always been knocked out by your stuff, almost more than any other single builder out there. I am happy to see you are still knocking around Lugnet. What have you been up to the last few (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) well, she has now :) (...) definately. I love cons; all the action, the giant multi-person layouts, the utter geekiness of a room full of adults that love Lego so much and the wacky conversations you overhear... some of my best memories are (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Thank you Molly. Tell you what, I'm in the process of moving so my Lego is kind of mushed up between boxes at the moment, but if you're interested you're more than welcome to come visit and check out Dragon after the move. Drop me a line and (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) Higher education. It's the reason why I haven't been able to build as much in these past four years. :-( Currently, I mostly hang out at the (URL) Mecha Hub>. It's a separate site for LEGO mecha enthusiasts. I invite you to drop by sometime, (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) I'm getting sneaky. A friend who likes LEGO saw the pics on Flickr from the Con and I suggested she take the family down next year as spectators. Five minutes in the room and I bet she we will be back the year following, as you say, on the (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)

  Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

(...) deal... I want V to get a look at what a real Lego collection looks like, since we'll probably have a lot in a year or two I want to make sure she knows what she's getting into here. and I would love to see the Dragon close up, does it open (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.people)