 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5883
Re: Who here remembers...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:30:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik writes:

<snip>

I never stopped the valve in its center position. The touch sensor was used
as a reference point halfway through the stroke. The code went something
like this:
OnFwd(pneu_motor);
until(pneu_sensor == 1);
Wait(switch_time);
Off(pneumotor);
Since the valves are operated via cranks, this code works for both opening
and closing a given valve. To control the other one, just reverse the motor.
Another reason I had the touch sensors in the middle was so I could hook up
a light sensor on the same port.

Thanks again for the inspration and help, Rob!

No Problem!
Rob

Hey Rob,

Since the old Technic 24t gear has full rotation off the differential,

And since the valve can be pushed back and forth by said technic gear,

And since the touch sensor is dead center of the valve stroke,

How did the program know which way the valve was going to be thrown by the
gear?  I mean, how did the program know if the valve was going to be pulled
to the left or pushed to the right?

Or did you just set up the valve at the beginning the same way every time
and the program took it from there?

Just wondering.

Dave K