 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5849
Re: Who here remembers... Nothing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 15:45:58 GMT

But that all said, that's not the question at hand that Rob is pointing out.
The whole issue is, "Does one show up with a robot half built" or not show
up at all (or show up without the half built robot).  Regardless of how many
pieces, how much skill or how little time you had.  Those are
inconsequential.  The only answer is, yes, show up with the half built one,
because you end up being inspired to try again next time.

One very good reason to show up with a half built robot, showed up at
the bridge crossing event.... Jeff E showed up with a robot that could
span the gap, and a hand full of pull back motor cars. And buy some
fluke, Ka-On  showed up with a robot that could find the flag and lift
it.... but it could not cross the gap.

when I pointed out that as a pair they had a complete robot, they hooked
up that morning, and in hours had a robot that could enter...

I have other examples of people showing up with a robot but no code. or
people showing up with a robot that was supposed to do one thing  (and
did not complete the task)  but with some modifications by others in the
room, teams were formed and a different robot was entered and placed!

that's why I can show up with the crap-tastic-2002, not cause I need
more abuse in my life, BUT to roll the dice and maybe, just maybe Iain,
or Jeff, or someone can step in and make it better with parts from
Calums part case.

So for this next game, SHOW up with what you have and maybe with help
from someone we will pair you with the Jeff W, or Greg H and who
knows....

heck show up with a generic robot platform and see what can happen.

what do you have to lose.  there is no entry fee, there is no pre
registration..... all you have to do is get your robot to the library
before the game starts at 1.pm  all that and you still might win a
PRIZE....

Chris