 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5839
Re: Who here remembers...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:47:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:

see, now this bring up an interesting point.... is it worse to show up
with a crap robot, OR to show up with nothing at all???

:)

To show up with nothing - I've done that so many times now, and I feel bad.
I try to build something and it starts to go dodgy and I get discouraged and
stop.

Shoot.  That came out all wrong - I meant to say, it's much better to come
with something crappy that doesn't quite function, rather than nothing.  I
meant to indicate that I, myself, have a bad habit of not even bringing what
I had partially working.

Things started out so fun for the bridge-crossing contest (was that 11?), I
had this really awesome design that, after seeing how the contest went, I'm
sure would have been the fastest robot without question (provided it'd hit
the flag - and it was quite accurate, what I had done, so I don't think that
would have been a problem).  But I couldn't figure out how to nicely lift up
the flag, or do it elegantly, and I got discouraged and stopped.

I gotta stop doing that.

   Iain

Yes, lest we forget the best 'bot at rtl10...

Tiji!!!!!!

I am still very impresed by that 'bot!

Bring what ya got!  Especially you, Iain!

Dave K.