 Off-Topic / Fun / 8644
Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:03:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Allan Bedford writes:

It's kind of an inside joke, don't you think?  Not many are privy to the
etiology of the term "spamcake"  But as for T-shirts.....;-)

Perhaps someone could enlighten the unenlightened.

Fer goshsakes, use the "Lugnet Search" and you'll get plenty of Spamcake.

Well dagnabbit I will.  :)

A search returns about 1100 entries on LUGNET newsgroups.  For those not yet
in the know, but who don't have time to scan all 1100, I think this looks
like the thing they're talking about:

http://www.baylug.org/titan/spamcake/spamcakediner.htm

Great model.

Even if LEGO didn't put out this exact set, I think an old-style diner would
be a great addition to any Town.

Regards,
Allan B.