 Off-Topic / Fun / 8641
Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 19:51:12 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark de Kock writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Marchetti writes:
Brad:

You haven't asked for suggestions but I think a REALLY obvious suggestion
would be the Spamcake Diner as the next in line for this MOC series.
Frankly, I'd be surprised and disappointed if it weren't already in the works...

Besides being a treasure for food printed tiles, it could be enhanced with
other food items like chicken, suasages, apples, loaves of bread, cherries,
popsicles, etc. It should also come with a t-shirt iron-on and a full-sized
pretend menu. I think this was originally designed for a train layout, but
it could easily be thought of as a town item.  It's just very funny and has
a great community spirit behind it.

I don't know all the details, just throwing it out there.

-- Hop-Frog (macaroni whore)

No, don't license the Spamckae to LD. We won't be able to use it ourself.
Most of my spaceships would have to swap engines, as their Spamcake-driven
ones would be illegal then.

Well, spamcake can be licensed AND you can end up winning: all you'd have to
do was to replace the current generators with the ones working with
anti-spamcake - GAMH has been working on them for a while now. For what I've
understood, once they are made stable they will become a much more powerful
source of energy.
The advantage is the smaller size of the new reactors, which allow for more
pay-load or living quarters.

Pedro