 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3848
  announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(OK, not really an announcement, as the word is already out.... once again I am left in awe of the speed with which news travels*. But humor me for a moment.) LEGO Direct is extremely pleased to announce the launch of the "My Own Creation" series, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

Brad, In a word-'Thanks'. It's just this sort of validation that we AFOLs have been looking for. Congrats again to Dan and Lego Direct. I'll be buying my first castle set in close to 20 years very shortly. -Dave (22 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

Just plain great! This IS the way to go. My only dislike is that this set will not be sold on stores - it could be a "bait" for the kids, making their interest in LEGO grow again to pre '96 levels. Why not try stores, call it a "test" or so... I am (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) You can imagine how hard it was for us not to share this news outside the Guild - It's great that TLC has finally announced it. I just stopped by LUGNet to see what more had been said about the Blacksmith Shop and the most recent posted (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) Allan Bedford Disclaimer: Due to the significantly positive nature of this announcement, my response will be all thumbs up. Constructive criticism will wait for further follow-ups. ;) (...) A big step for LEGO Direct, a giant leap for the LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) I tried it with the shipping and taxes before converting it, and it's about $80 total. But still great for over 600 pieces, this set is larger (piece count) than the Night Lord's Castle that I bought for about $85 last year. The Blacksmith (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was really only referring to the price of the product itself (excluding shipping/taxes/duty etc.). Plus, I did the calculation in my head, so it's probably not that accurate. :) Really too bad that this (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

lol, I went there not even 10 mins before it showed up! I loged on at my mom's to see is #3033 was available online. Then went to my dad's house (took me 2 mins), logged on & ran across a post on Brickbay, about this... Then i looked & there it was! (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) Indeed, we all feel the same way! Perhaps one day, if revenue increases, LS@H will return to our fair country. --==Richard==-- (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series and reply to Brad about Gray bricks

(...) I'll wait also :-) Way to go Guild! :-) (...) Thats good, Allan gets the burned and I come away clean! ;) But really Allan's not alone I helped start this topic on gray bricks and I hope your Answers and solutions are good, Brad?....But again (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

This is absolutely wonderful. Congrats to Dan!!! And congrats to LEGO Direct! (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series and reply to Brad about Gray bricks

(...) As far as arches are concerned, we already have set #3732 - which isn't all that shabby, no? -- Pawel (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series and reply to Brad about Gray bricks

Not a bad set, no. But I would love it if they lost the blue peak and added some 1 x 6 x 1 arches instead, and maybe some 1 x 3 x 1 arches too. And then made those available in lots of other colors. -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) This is the best anouncement I have seen from LD. This will make everyone happy (even the lunatic fringe that didn't want re-issued sets.) I will definately be ordering two of those after Christmas. (And I am mostly a space builder!) (...) (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

This is awesome! I saw "the other" post last night, and I must have said "That is so freaking cool!" about 15 times. My poor girlfriend is sick of hearing the phrase "only $40" now I think. Too bad I have to wait till after Christmas to order (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

Brad: You haven't asked for suggestions but I think a REALLY obvious suggestion would be the Spamcake Diner as the next in line for this MOC series. Frankly, I'd be surprised and disappointed if it weren't already in the works... Besides being a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series and reply to Brad about Gray bricks

(...) Yah it is shabby! very few arches for the price and plus it would be nice to buy 100 or 50 1x3 or 1x4 arches at a time. The arch pack was a cheap attempt to get some over priced cash! Doyle (22 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series and reply to Brad about Gray bricks

(...) I think I have to agree with that sentiment. Unless you need only a few arches, the service pack is rather week for building. To do any REAL building, you need REAL bulk. I think Brad said he would try to clarify the situation, but being the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) I'll definitely second that! - David (22 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) No, don't license the Spamckae to LD. We won't be able to use it ourself. Most of my spaceships would have to swap engines, as their Spamcake-driven ones would be illegal then. But seriuosly, it would make a great set! Mark -what's that? (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) Well, spamcake can be licensed AND you can end up winning: all you'd have to do was to replace the current generators with the ones working with anti-spamcake - GAMH has been working on them for a while now. For what I've understood, once they (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

"Markassius" <mark.de.kock@NOSPAM.home.nl> wrote in message news:GoGBrK.12G@lugnet.com... (...) You bring up a good point. I agree with you here. Thanks to Tom McDonald, Spamcake is now a community icon. I appreciate all LEGO Direct is doing to (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) I think that there could be serious trademark issues over the usuage of the word "spam"-- that is already a trademark of Hormel. If the TLC lawyers were nervous about licensing AFOL designs, they'd croak at this, HF;-) (...) It's kind of an (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) Perhaps someone could enlighten the unenlightened. Signed, One of the unenlightened (22 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) Fer goshsakes, use the "Lugnet Search" and you'll get plenty of Spamcake. (22 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) Well dagnabbit I will. :) A search returns about 1100 entries on LUGNET newsgroups. For those not yet in the know, but who don't have time to scan all 1100, I think this looks like the thing they're talking about: (URL) model. Even if LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes: (snipperoo) (...) *ahem* Classic Space MOC's, anyone? (URL) is terrific news...can't wait to see what my peers come up with. Maybe I'll get to buy Bram's 6888 after all. :-) --Dave (jot and jab) xxx...xxx (22 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.space)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tim Courtney writes: <<snippetysnip some thoughts that I share with Tim>> (...) Well, I feel that Spamcake is best left untouched..period! Everybody knows the dangers of handling Spamcake with remote controlled Mecha, watching (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

I'm praying they do some of the 8 wide cars of Brams! Gary Dave Lovelace <dave@umop.com> wrote in message news:GoHvEv.FMs@lugnet.com... (...) we (...) what (...) Maybe (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.space)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) Which one? :) (URL) I doubt you'd see either one. The first is too difficult to build, and the second requires too many discontinued parts. In fact, it doesn't look like I have many designs at all that would make reasonable sets. Some possible (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.space)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

Awright! Here's another one (I don't pretend to know them all) First test of the Spamcake drive in a Spiffcraft: (URL) there is Gungan Spamcake: (URL) one was kind of gross. -Erik (22 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tim Courtney writes: (snip) (...) (snip) Does this mean I'll get crap if I have a the crew frying up a couple of slices on the radiator of the M10 Tank Destoryer kit I'm releasing next year? Dan (22 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series

(...) Pedro, This is just a guess based on my own experience dealing with distributors.... I think the reason the price is so great (only $40.00) is because these won't be available in the stores! Retail chains and and distribution add *huge* (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)