 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3869
Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:34:20 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Marchetti writes:
Brad:

You haven't asked for suggestions but I think a REALLY obvious suggestion
would be the Spamcake Diner as the next in line for this MOC series.
Frankly, I'd be surprised and disappointed if it weren't already in the works...

I think that there could be serious trademark issues over the usuage of the word
"spam"-- that is already a trademark of Hormel.  If the TLC lawyers were nervous
about licensing AFOL designs, they'd croak at this, HF;-)

Besides being a treasure for food printed tiles, it could be enhanced with
other food items like chicken, suasages, apples, loaves of bread, cherries,
popsicles, etc. It should also come with a t-shirt iron-on and a full-sized
pretend menu. I think this was originally designed for a train layout, but
it could easily be thought of as a town item.  It's just very funny and has
a great community spirit behind it.

It's kind of an inside joke, don't you think?  Not many are privy to the
etiology of the term "spamcake"  But as for T-shirts.....;-)

-John

I don't know all the details, just throwing it out there.

-- Hop-Frog (macaroni whore)