 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3851
Re: announcing the "My Own Creation" series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 00:13:10 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes:
LEGO Direct is extremely pleased to announce the launch of the
"My Own Creation" series, which features original designs by LEGO
enthusiasts. The first set to be released in the MOC series is the
Blacksmith Shop with an original design by Dan Siskind...

Members of our team do look constantly at what's being created
by you (we peruse Brickshelf, the Guild of Bricksmiths sites...

You can imagine how hard it was for us not to share this news
outside the Guild - It's great that TLC has finally announced it.
I just stopped by LUGNet to see what more had been said about
the Blacksmith Shop and the most recent posted message was
Brad's.  Too cool - Especially with this basically being the
second anniversary of the Guild of Bricksmiths.

...We'll be giving this product lots of support -- it's on the
back cover of the January 2002 LEGO Shop At Home catalog...

Wow!  Don't know that I can speak for the rest of the gang, but
this is like an early Christmas present.  (The honour - vicariously.)

If it was up to me, I'd give a big boost to the Technic line by making
the next MOC kit Jennifer's bobcat.  IMO there's few Technic kits
that not only work/function well, but also _look_ good.  Set 8459/8464
comes to mind as the best (in that regard) from TLC - again IMO.

Not to take anything away from Dan of course - this is his day.
It's an honour he well deserves.  Merry Christmas everyone.  8-)

SRC
LUGNet#765
http://amicusgroupinc.com/SRC/