 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 114
Re: UNITY for TORALS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 19:45:08 GMT

O.K. looks like we’ve got some ground rules to follow:

Jeff Elliott wrote:

In all seriousness, though, I have three main criteria for choosing a
group name:

1) It must not contain the word "Lego". Otherwise, we're just opening
ourselves up to getting a letter from TLG's lawyers; they've
demonstrated their interest in preserving their trademark in the past.
'Nuff said.

2) If we're trying to include the area shown on Eric's maps - that is,
all of southern Ontario, we ought not to use "Toronto" in the name or
acronym. It's not really being considerate to people in London or
Ottawa, right? And one thing I like about RTL / LUGNET, is that people
are usually considerate.

3) It's gotta sound/look nice.

This is the current ‘UPDATED’ list of possible names for the group:

1) rtlToronto
2) TORALS (TORonto Adults Lego Society)
3) LEGO Toronto
4) LEGO GTA (Greater Toronto Area)
5) LUGTOR ( Lego Users Group TORonto)
6) TORLUG ( TORonto Lego Users Group)
7) GTLUT ( Greater Toronto Lego Users Group)
8) LUGON ( Lego Users Group ONario)
9) ONLUG ( ONtario Lego Users Group)
10)GLUON (Group of Lego Users in ONtario)
11)SQUID (? ? ? ? ?)
12)GATACA (Greater Area Toronto Association for Collaborative Ascension)
13)LUGASTGWTLBT (Lego Users Group Area Surrounding The Guy With The Lego Brick
Tattoo)
14) I.T. LEGO Society (Ingenuity’s thought)
15) TONCALUG :) _T_oronto _On_tario _Ca_nada _L_EGO _U_sers _G_roup
16) ULITOC _U_sers of _L_EGO _I_n _T_oronto, _O_ntario, _C_anada.
17) S.O.B.s Southern Ontario Brickheads
18) TALENT Toronto Area Lego Enthusiast NeTwork
19) LOLITA Lovers Of Lego In the Toronto Area
20) LEGO Lego Enthusiast Group of Ontaro
21) TLS   Toronto Lego Society

After the successful LEGO robotics competition that was held on the 27th was
adjourned, the group convened at a restaurant for further discussion. We
arrived at the conclusion that the name must be simple and direct. I believe
this was the name that was vaguely agreed upon? ---TLS Toronto Lego Society---
simple, direct, and inclusive to the greater Toronto area, and it was up to
code with Jeff Elliott’s ground rules!

Soooooo… do we have a consensus on this name. There must be a majority
decision. Changes, and revisions can still be made. But the ‘name list’ is
getting exceedingly long and I believe that we can arrive at a decision with a
simple vote. Do we agree upon the Toronto Lego Society (TLS)?

Sincerely,

Richard

You can reach me at shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com

-Lego good, Canada great.-