 Local / Canada / 411
Re: Roll Call Time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 01:14:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.loc.ca, Frank Filz writes:

please take this out of .castle...

Frank s Filz

Hey Frankie, you don’t catch on to fast, do you???
This issue was already was addressed OVER 6 days ago, and Mr. Husby simple
used the Newsgroups that I wrote in. It’s not his fault for following the
Newsgroup template that I had set forth. You may not be the sharpest tool in
the shed, but you must understand that this was the only incident of
accidental cross-posting!

First off, I don't appreciate the insult...

I am well aware that the issue arose 6 days ago. When I saw what looked like
the innapropriate cross posting continuing, I chose to remind folks that the
thread was not welcome.

Incidentally, unless you had posted the original post from the web, you could
have chosen to prevent further erroneous cross posting by canceling the
original post, or you could have asked Todd to cancel it.

I really wish Todd would change his mind about applying editorial control so
that errors like this could be nipped in the bud easier. The more people who
use lugnet, the more a problem this will become.

Perhaps Todd could at least consider adding appropriate "follow ups to"
headers to misplaced posts (which would not be altering anything the poster
wrote, but would make it almost certain that responses would not continue to
flood the wrong group).

follow-ups to lugnet.admin.general (which is where I should have sent follow
ups originally).

Frank