 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 115
Re: CASTLE WARS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 21:05:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Richard Noeckel writes:

I'll have over 350 troops ready to march into your battlefield by daylight.
You just issue the challenge, and I'll give the command to lay bloody waste to
any challengers.

The field of battle of which you proposed may not be capable of containing my
great legion. My army rests upon 6 large gray base plates, and I’d wager that
I could encircle your entire range!

AND we'd run out of potato salad, for certain.  No, I'm aware that the table's
a little small for a full-scale war, but I think the BrikWars Medieval rules
need more tweaking before we can commit to something that big, anyway.  I'm
thinking of just running a few small-scale (50 troopers a side?) battles to
iron out any bugs and get familiar with things.

Perhaps if you were to ally yourself with several other neighboring Lords,
then the war may prove to be more of a challenge.

Sadly, I have only three allied Lego Lords here in Toronto thus far, and I'm
not sure how much help they'd be:  One uses minifgs as gear stops for robots;
the second focuses on his Town; and the third on mecha.  Well, maybe the Mecha
would help >:)

Unfortunately, I’m preoccupied this weekend, I’ve laid siege to a neighboring
castle. Therefore, perhaps we can arrange another date, and amass more troops,
for a future battle! Mayhap this summer a large scale BrickWars game can be
held in TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm amassing!  I'm amassing! Let's organize something and post the date here.
I'm eager to get BrikWarring!

Anyone else game?

Jeff Elliott