 Local / Canada / 424
423  |  425
Subject:
CASTLE WARS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 19:34:54 GMT

Jeff Elliott wrote:

I invited a friend over this evening to playtest the BrikWars castle-era
rules. Well, the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley, and we wound
up building a setting for a battle, instead. Or, at least half of one,
anyway :)

So, without further ado, here's the BrickShelf link:

The setting is intended to include a river, road and bridge, with a stone
tower overlooking the bridge, a village on the road, a hill, and a small wood.
Nothing west of the river exists, yet, but there's a village of 5 buildings, a
small hill, and a few trees. And four chickens...

AND, for those of you lucky enough to be in/near Toronto this weekend -- who's
up for a little BrikWars? I built it -- anyone wanna come? I've probably got
enough troops for such a small table: 25 peasants, 30 cavalry, 15 pikemen, 25
archers and crossbowmen, and a couple hundred other assorted minifigs. Dragons
at your peril. :)

I'll have over 350 troops ready to march into your battlefield by daylight.
You just issue the challenge, and I'll give the command to lay bloody waste to
any challengers.

The field of battle of which you proposed may not be capable of containing my
great legion. My army rests upon 6 large gray base plates, and I’d wager that
I could encircle your entire range!

Perhaps if you were to ally yourself with several other neighboring Lords,
then the war may prove to be more of a challenge.

Unfortunately, I’m preoccupied this weekend, I’ve laid siege to a neighboring
castle. Therefore, perhaps we can arrange another date, and amass more troops,
for a future battle! Mayhap this summer a large scale BrickWars game can be
held in TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Richard

   (The dark shroud of the death banner blazes through the field of corps
slain warriors…)

You can reach me at shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com

All other themes are simply spare parts for castle!!!
                    <<<CASTLE POWER>>>

-Lego good, Canada great.-