 LEGO Company / 1217
Re: Clubs/Events - Tips and Tricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:43:16 GMT

John Gerlach wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:

One thing the GMLTC seems to do well is talk to kids.  If a kid is scoping out
the layout with a parent, we'll start talking to the kid before we'll talk to
the parent.  We know that kids are our "target audience", if the kids are happy
the parents will probably be happy.

JohnG, GMLTC

As with most things, diversity is good.  I, personally, talk with the
parents / adults.  *I* view the adults as the "target audience" for what
I do.  I am not sure about the rest of the club... cause we haven't
really discussed it.

I have to admit, the Event Kit / Kids table... and the fact that the
whole layout is made from Lego(tm)... takes care of most kids.  The
parents are the ones that ask the questions.  I rarely have a child ask
a question.  When they ask, it is usually "When are you gonna run THAT
train?"

Don't get me wrong, I build to entertain both age groups... but I tend
to communicate more with the adults.

// Joe
(I hope I am not the only one that feels this way <grin>)