 LEGO Company / 1169

Subject:
Clubs/Events - Tips and Tricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:18:24 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

As you can imagine, I get A LOT of questions from fans in my role as Community
Liaison. Many are recurring themes, where fans are looking for answers to the
same question. One such recurring series of questions has to do with running
events and starting up new clubs.

Lots of people ask me for advice on how to best run a train show, or get a local
club started, or get an existing club clicking again. I try to answer as best as
I can, but since I'm part of a new local club myself, I don't always have a ton
to offer. In fact, the new TexLUG:Dallas club could certainly use some advice as
we look forward to our first Dallas event in April!

I'm putting out a call to help me assemble your best tips/tricks/best practices
for forming and running local clubs and events. I'll volunteer to turn these
ideas into a "master document" that can be shared within the community. I just
need help me with the content! A collection of this info could really help clubs
who are just getting started, and maybe even existing clubs that are looking for
new ideas!

To make this happen, please either post to this thread or email me your ideas. I
know some of you have already written up content of this nature, and if you are
willing to see it in this "master document", please send those links or
documents along too.

Sound like a good plan? Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison