 LEGO Company / 1191
Re: Clubs/Events - Tips and Tricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 13:56:08 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
As you can imagine, I get A LOT of questions from fans in my role as Community
Liaison. Many are recurring themes, where fans are looking for answers to the
same question. One such recurring series of questions has to do with running
events and starting up new clubs.

Lots of people ask me for advice on how to best run a train show, or get a local
club started, or get an existing club clicking again. I try to answer as best as
I can, but since I'm part of a new local club myself, I don't always have a ton
to offer. In fact, the new TexLUG:Dallas club could certainly use some advice as
we look forward to our first Dallas event in April!

I'm putting out a call to help me assemble your best tips/tricks/best practices
for forming and running local clubs and events. I'll volunteer to turn these
ideas into a "master document" that can be shared within the community. I just
need help me with the content! A collection of this info could really help clubs
who are just getting started, and maybe even existing clubs that are looking for
new ideas!

To make this happen, please either post to this thread or email me your ideas. I
know some of you have already written up content of this nature, and if you are
willing to see it in this "master document", please send those links or
documents along too.

Sound like a good plan? Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

Hi Jake,

as you know from LW 2003 the dutch club 'De Bouwsteen' toke the initiative to
build up a european platform under the name Eurobrick. I think this will be, for
the european part of the community, the ideal platform for interaction of good
ideas concerning starting up and/or advice how to start/run a local/national
LUG. I think it would be a good idea to send the 'masterdocument' to the group
of people involved with Eurobrick.
This for additional ideas/comments.

I wish you much succes with it and also with the new TexLUG,

greetings,

Peter Seynhaeve