 General / 54918
Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2008 22:50:11 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.general, Dave Sterling wrote:
In lugnet.general, William R. Ward wrote:
* People send me links to LEGO news online, like the 50th
  anniversary thing or the minifig 30th anniversary, both this year.

This is so true Bill!  Just this morning, one of the girls in our
finance department stopped by my office to show me a link to a LEGO
movie she had found online.  I get stuff like that forwarded to me
all the time from various co-workers.  Even our upper-management
guys send me links or magazine articles when they see something
business related to LEGO.

... and 50% of the time, it's a link to Amy Hughes' church.

Yea, I've been sent that link a few times myself and had a neighbor describe
the church also (though that neighbor was also using Bricklink before I
shared that I was into LEGO).

I have actually not yet had anyone react badly (even cashiers in the store
when I explain why I'm purchasing a bunch of sets), though I still tend to
be private about my hobby interests (except for model railroading and
caving).

Frank