 General / 54891
Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2008 03:53:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Johansen wrote:

That being said, I think that TLC could do a bit more to get adults into
LEGO.

TLC is still trying to come to grips with the fact that we _do_ still collect.
You'd think it would be a no-brainer.  I mean, here's a company that leaves
bowls of bricks out on their conference tables that you are _encouraged_ to play
with during meetings (or so I'm told).  This is a company where many
individuals, particularly the set designers and Master Builders, just build
random stuff for fun.  This is a company that gets regular contact with adult
fans (even though they don't have a great track record with actually noticing
that fact).  This is a company that consists largely of _adults_ who are
_fans_of_LEGO_.  And this is a _time_ when ubergeeks have grown up, and toy
collecting has actually become something of a mainstream hobby.  It simply
astonishes me that noone before Jake managed to figure out that 1+1=2.