 General / 54906
Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2008 04:29:16 GMT

Stop being such a wanker about it?

Allister

Ouch, but taking your own advise, I shouldn't care what you say...right?

Actually, I don't loose any sleep over anyone thinking that I'm childish or odd
in some way because LEGO is a hobby of mine.

The purpose of my post was to spur creativity in the realm of ideas (both for us
and TLC) to better market to adults, and also for the possible creation of more
sets and products geared toward adults.

I don't think any of us go door to door asking people to become a member of the
holy LEGO club, but most of us would like to have our hobby respected.  Just as
an office poster of a college football team encourages conversation; I'd like to
see the same from a LEGO poster.  You don't see posters of LEGO that are geared
toward's adults though.  While a poster of a real, hard working football team
brings feelings of respect; a four color poster of a kid playing with a toy in
an imaginary scene does not.

If TLC made a sophisticated full color poster of something out of Indiana Jones,
Star Wars, or Batman wouldn't you add one to your next order?

Scott W.