 General / 23001
Subject:
S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 09:20:11 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Howdy!

What an incredible surprise! I recieved a large packet from LEGO Shop at
Home [Germany] this morning, inlcuding the new Minifigure 3723 and the Spy
Runner 3439! I backordered these a while ago, but didn't expect them to
arrive that soon. Am I the very first AFOL to get his copy?? Cooool! Now I
can be sure that the S@H team really cared about my complains. (I had a bit
of trouble with the new service right when it came alive, but this is
certainly over now. However, the thread started here:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=781 )

Now a few facts about the two sets, I will try to get some scans online
later today.

Seems like the two sets have been shipped directly from Denmark, but I am
not quite sure about that. They are US-versions though, since the piece
count and set name are printed onto the boxes (which is unusual for the EU).
There is not much to say about the Spy Runner, since it's a small set and
the prictures have shown all about it. The minifigure set however is very
large (same box size as 8458 Silver Champion). The box is totally
grey-shaded. Even the LEGO Logo is shown in black/white. Although this might
sound like the UCS set design, this one looks totally different. On the
front you will find a large picture of our earth, surrounded by many flying
basic bricks. On the left is a rather small picture of the actualy minifgure
(all grey as well). The back of the box shows nothing at all, but a grey
sky, the large LEGO logo and the words "just imagine" right under it. A
strange but cool box. Oh, and some additional info for the set guide can be
found on it as well:
- piece count: 1.849 pcs
- ages: 12+
Opening the box, you will find four smaller entirely white boxes, three
stickers of the LEGO log and the building instruction booklet. It's a
strange building instruction, since it is not 3D at all. You are looking
right onto the the bricks from above them, so that you can only see the
pieces that are being added each step (the previous steps are shown in grey
then). I will have to get used to this building instruction, but it
shouldn't be a problem to get the set built. In the end there is a picture
of the statue of liberty "3450 - available November 2000". Can't wait to
start building now...

I hope this set review is detailed enough, but of course I will be happy to
Oh, and for some reason S@H has not claimed any shipping costs, is that
usual for a backordered set??

Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
LUGNet Member #479
The World is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de

Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)
I haven't build anything yet, but uploaded some images to:
http://members.tripod.de/crazymaniac/3723.html