 General / 23994
Re: Color name for Statue of Liberty Sculpture #3450
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 06:22:56 GMT

Erik Olson wrote in message ...
I don't consider myself illiterate, but when we started the naming • discussion, I
immediately thought of Melville, who writes at length, in one of those • splendid
asides in Moby Dick, about verdigris, the pearly-grey substance obtained • from
whale's innards, of no particular use, which excites unusual bravado among
whalers, who risk all else to claim it--above all other fruits of the sea-
roads....

That would be AMBERgris...

Kevin