 General / 23151
Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:59:58 GMT

Hi,

Oops, my mistake. Excuse me a moment. <Removes foot from mouth>
That's better. I guess I don't speak french as well as I think ;-)

In lugnet.general, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
seems french to me, and spelled correctly too:

http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=verdigris

Verdegris turns up this:

No entry found for "verdegris" in the dictionary.

:)

Kevin Zwicker wrote:

In lugnet.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:

I don't speak Fench, but verdigris sounds like gray-green to me.  (Well,
green-gray, actually).  IMO, gray-green is fairly descriptive and easy to
remember.
--Bram

I speak French, I am pretty sure the word isn't originally French. My guess
would be Italian. Also I believe the spelling is: verdegris. I may be wrong.

Kev Z
142