 General / 24008
Re: Color name for Statue of Liberty Sculpture #3450
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 14:04:20 GMT

Tom Stangl, VFAQman <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote:
Tell me how they are going to know whether the color being discussed is a
muted greyish green, or a greenish-something, or a bluish-something, given
the definitions.

If they don't get an accurate picture from the dictionary, that's the
dictionary's fault. Verdigris isn't actually a hugely variable shade -- it's
just that colors are hard to describe/define in words. Luckily, the
definitions in the dictionaries I've looked in make sure to mention that
it's the color of the patina formed on copper -- which is exactly the color
Lego is representing.

Weathered green, aged green, "SOMETHING green" makes the best sense overall.

Doesn't make sense. Something colored green doesn't weather or age to that
color. Something *copper* does.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/