 General / 23312
Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:24:50 GMT

Eric McCarthy wrote:

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:
I don't speak Fench, but verdigris sounds like gray-green to me.  (Well,
green-gray, actually).  IMO, gray-green is fairly descriptive and easy to
remember.

I think "copper green" is an interesting one -- but it would never work.  :-)

--Todd

"Copper Green" is also a brand of Copper Naphthalate (I think)
in solution that is used to paint on wood to inhibit termites
and rot.  It smells horrible.

I vote for "verdigris".  If there is already a word that
has the correct definition, we should use it!
If a newcomer doesn't know what it means,
they can look it up in a dictionary.  I don't think the word
is any more obscure than "kepi" or "sprue", for example.
And "verdigris" has the precise, correct meaning already.
The other suggested words require more of an extension to their
definitions to fit the new Lego color.

/Eric McC/

Gray/grey/-green or copper-green is my choice but, what is sprue by the
way?..:-)

Actually I know it but I can't figure out anything related with both it
and Lego.

Selçuk