 General / 23186
Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:15:51 GMT

[trimmed lugnet.lego.direct from ng list]

In lugnet.general, Greg Majewski wrote:

Since we haven't given any other color a fancy name (light blue and dark grey,
and not charcoal or azure, etc) I think that we should stick to something
simple like "Dull Green."

Hmm.  So far, 'we' haven't really tried to deliberatly name anything.[1] So
prior efforts may not be a good guide for future endevours.

I feel like the common color names are getting over-used.  How many
different kinds of green has LEGO made?  On Suzanne's color chart
http://www.baseplate.com/colors/, there are 9 different variations of green
and near-green colors.  After awhile, there's only so many ways you can say
"sorta green".

I think "verdigris" is a good choice.

--
Steve
1) Except maybe alien vomit green (aka, transparent neon green; aka,