 General / 18281
Re: This is incredible!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 13:56:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rich Manzo writes:
  This is making me sick. Lego went out of their way to give us a little

Well, aside from the fact that you're fantasizing about the motivation or
intent behind the placement of the LUGNET logo...

Trademarks are a serious thing.  If you don't vigorously protect your
trademarks you risk losing them.  Just because you don't think it is important
doesn't mean it isn't.

  Yes I agree that there should have been a URL or TM but the legal crowd
here needs to take a back seat and appreciate all the progress we have made in
our relationship with the company that creates the toys that we all love.

The "legal crowd"?  How about the thinking crowd?

And exactly what progress has been made in our relationship with the company
that makes the toys we love and has, until very recently, ignored us and
treated us like we didn't matter?

Oh yeah, I forgot, one person from their company has posted what, a total of 4
or 5 messages here, dropped out of site for weeks at a time after making
mostly vague flattering statements about how much they want to work with us
and promises about Lego Direct.  Is that the progress you're talking about?
Pardon me if I'm taking a wait and see attitude towards a company that has had
its head in the sand for the last 10 years.