 General / 18273
Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 12:01:30 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Thomas P. Rafert writes:
Sorry if someone already mentioned this and I missed it.

In the May-June 2000 Mania Magazine on page 6 in "the Adventures of the
LEGO Maniac" comic, look what symbol is in the computer screen ...
LUGNET!

Again, sorry if this is old news but I thought it was interesting..

Tom

It is interesting!  I see that there is some controversy about the appropriate
use of the LUGNET logo and name.  IMHO, it would have been nice...but there has
to be some room for artistic freedom on the part of the cartoonist....after
all, the logo is displayed on a computer that clearly looks like an iMac, but
there isn't a URL provided for Apple's site.

But this does bring up an interesting question...does Mania Magazine accept
paid advertisements and would Todd and Suzanne consider taking out a full-page
ad in Mania Magazine for the benefit of LUGNET?

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu