 General / 18252
Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 05:19:16 GMT

In lugnet.general mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller) wrote:

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Do you see anywhere in any fine print on that page or any other page noting
that LUGNET and the LUGNET logo are trademarks of LUGNET and/or its owners?

AWAKIANALBASOTI [1], but I think that this use is a) within fair use and b)
cool and fun. It's not really a mention -- rather, a little reference in the
background. Those of us who know what it is will think it's cool, and those
who don't will not notice/care. Perhaps a few will try to figure out what it
is, but I don't think that the sort of person likely to do that is the sort
of person likely to be confused.

'Course, it woulda been nicer if someone would have asked Todd/Suz first,
but my guess is that it wasn't done as an official decision, but rather
something put in by an artist with the intention of making a pleasant
surprise.

IHTAOTLAILMUNAOTF [1], I think its cool, but there is a minor concern
on the asking Todd first deal.  If they put some fine print in it
would be better too.  I wish they would boldy come out and promote
Lugnet though...  It'll get there in time, TLG is moving in the right
direction.

[1] I'd have to agree on these lines, and I love making up new
acronyms on the fly

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org