 General / 18308
Re: Making magazines (was Re: This is incredible!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 12:07:53 GMT

Suzanne Rich <suz@baseplate.com> wrote:
Assuming for a moment that this was a lower-level (artist's) decision (for
whatever reason), I think it's very possible that the editors, etc had no
clue that there was any special meaning to the logo. They may not have even
seen it as a logo, rather as some ambiguous LEGO blob with fakey stuff
around it. This would allow the page to pass through all hands
unquestioned. I can imagine a confused proofreader asking what that word
was (LUGNET) but that's about it.

Y'know, this sounds most reasonable to me. Funny that only a few months ago
it would have been cool that _anyone_ in Lego acknowledged the existence of
LUGnet; now, having actual official recognition in the form of Mr. Justus,
the exact same thing is disappointing.

Quotes 'R' Us                     --->               http://quotes-r-us.org/
Boston University Linux             --->                http://linux.bu.edu/